WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

SunMoonMommy
08-13-2015, 03:16 PM
I have decided to get into transcription and am pretty excited about it! I don't mind being on the lower end of the pay scale since I have no experience in this profession yet, so working as an IC with some of the sites I found on forums is basically where I am starting. I do hope to build up enough experience to be able to charge more or get the higher paying jobs that require a certain number years in the business. I have perused a few sites that have postings for freelancers and I really can't tell yet whether the pay they are offering is fair or not. If anyone has a reference point for me I would really appreciate it. How much should you charge freelancing vs. with a company, etc... TIA!

Lisakd
08-14-2015, 09:08 AM
When I first started out I went straight for the higher paying jobs regardless of how many years of experience they "required" and they ALL invited me to test. I didn't pass them all but I did pass a few and I was on my way. So don't sell yourself short and work for peanuts. Besides, the more people are willing to work for peanuts, the more companies are going to lower their rates which brings all of us down. Good luck!!

SunMoonMommy
08-14-2015, 03:15 PM
That's good advice thanks! I am just super nervous about doing that with ZERO experience, I guess.