WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Life after Lia Sophia

Crissy
07-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Hi ladies,

It has been a crazy road the last 7 months! As most of you know, I was a leader with lia Sophia for over 8 years. I was shocked and devastated when they closed. And yes, they are Still doing business online! Many of my customers have un-subscribed only to keep getting emails. There is finally a lawsuit against them!

I quickly followed my team just 3 days after the closing announcement as I wanted to stay with my Amazing group of women. I seriously tried with Lulu Avenue but the jewelry was just not me.

After 4 years of stalking Stella and Dot, I finally decided to take jump right in June 1st! And I am In Love with Everything!!!! I am actually headed to conference in Vegas in the morning!!! I feel excited again like I did years ago when I started with lia. If you are not familiar with S&D make sure to check them out through my link! Our fall line starts July 21st!!!

I have loved connecting with so many of you here! Can't wait to see everyone's fall lines!!!

funmomma
07-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Glad you've found a happy, new home. <3

Amanda

mariglynn
07-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Congratulations on finding a business you're excited about! I've heard lots of wonderful things about Stella & Dot.:D

udesignit
07-15-2015, 10:20 PM
I am glad that you found the right fit for you. The timing is perfect with your convention coming up.

Sillygrl
07-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Hi there Crissy! I used to post on here a lot when I sold Lia Sophia and I remember you being here. I became friends with Pam too through this site. My heart was so heavy when I heard the news about your sweet friend. I am so sorry...I know she just adored you too. My name on here was "silly mom" ,but since I haven't posted in so long,I couldn't remember my password..so I reregistered.

I am excited you found A new jewelry line that you are so excited about! I had to comment, because I too have been stalking Stella and dot...I drove the sweetest lady crazy with all my questions!! I love their marketing..very cutting edge with a new modern twist! I did end up deciding against because I worried about the possibility of losing a team if life ever got in the way. Do you worry about that? I will say that I have ordered gifts from Stella and dot and they arrived in 3 days each time and the pieces were top notch! Oh yea, and their gift boxes with sweet "hello gorgeous notes" were so cute for gift giving! It will be interesting to see how this company works out for you...I have a feeling you will be a success with them! Congrats!

Crissy
07-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Hi! I totally remember your name. Pam was my best friend in the world. We loved doing Lia Sophia together and always dreamed of being on each other's team. Thankfully our boys are best friends too. Yesterday was one year that she passed away so we took her triplets swimming to keep their minds busy.

I am getting so many new customers with Stella and Dot. Pam and I were both with Lia Sophia for over eight years and absolutely loved it. I didn't think I could like another company as much as Lia. I am actually thanking my lucky stars now that they closed. Like you said the boxes are so adorable, the shipping time is amazing and I am noticing the quality definitely surpasses Lia Sophia.

I just got back from conference and I have to say I didn't think I would be this blown away. Lia Sophia conferences were amazing! But the training and authenticity of Stella and Dot's owner and home office team were seriously unbelievable.

I don't worry about losing my team at all. The only time you can lose your team is if you don't do $500 in sales in a six-month period. If life happens and you get an illness or are pregnant and need to take time off, Then you can take a leave of absence. Pam did this with Lia Sophia also during the last few months of her life. I also put her shows in for her and picked up orders.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I can already tell that this is definitely the right direction for me. I was never a purse or bag person but I am falling in love with their bags too!

cabimom
07-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Stella and Dot is a fabulous company-you made an excellent choice! ;)

PinkPea
07-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Crissy and All-

I don't know anything about Stella and Dot, but after reading all the posts here, I am sorely tempted to find out more information. Y'all inspire me !

To Your Success,

Pink Pea

Sillygrl
07-27-2015, 04:29 AM
Yes, Pink Pea, you should! I do not work with Stella and Dot, but something keeps drawing me back to them! Looks like you can click on Crissy's link to go right to their site. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their website! Any piece of jewelry you like, you just click on it, and they give you pics or videos to show you different ways to wear the pieces. Then, go to the bottom of the page and they show you pics of girls off the streets wearing their line! My worry is that I would WANT everything and would I really make money if I love everything that much? ha,ha! You know another thing, I have 3 daughters and 2 daughter in law's and when their special days come up, I find the easiest and most meaningful gifts that I have been buying recently is from the S&D engravable collection! Mother's day was all S&D for them! :-) The more I type the more I realize how silly (well, yea, like my name! ;-) ) it is that I am even scoping out other companies!

Crissy...you are wonderful for taking Pam's kids out like you did, I bet that was a hard day for them.Her kiddos are just precious! I remember when I quit LS, she got me all excited to try it again and possibly under her. She spoke so fondly of you and your great friendship! She was lucky to have a friend like you by her side through everything...pretty awesome.

I have already been talking with a lady(about 4 months, poor thing!)....probably driving her nuts with way too many questions about Stella and Dot, but could I "pm" you a few questions about your experience with them so far?

Looking forward to hearing back! Thank you!

meg
07-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Hello everyone! I wanted to jump in this discussion too since I also used to sell Lia Sophia (for aprox 6 years) before they went out of business. I made the business decision to sign up with Stella & Dot this past March and it was one of the best decisions I have made! Stella & Dot is and amazing company with a TON of room for growth in my area (I am I upstate NY). Looking forward to building my team and selling Stella for many more years to come!

Crissy
07-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Hi Meg! Love to hear that you are loving Stella and Dot too. I love the entire environment of the company. So many women have helped me that are not even in my team. I love that meetings are open to anyone in the area. I truly felt at conference that it didn't matter his team you were on everyone was willing to help out a fellow jewelry sister. I am in Ohio and the potential for growth is unbelievable. There were so many Lia Sophia ladies in Ohio that it was really getting a little saturated. Now most of my customers have never even heard of us. I have ladies who would never buy jewelry from me before asking for catalogs and placing orders?

Anyone that wants more information with zero pressure to join my team, feel free to message me or check out my website. I'm not on here that often but I will try to keep checking back.

Crissy
07-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Silly girl
You should call your friend and sign up! What do you have to lose?
Is amazing!

Sillygrl
07-28-2015, 06:26 AM
I want to Crissy! I just have a few concerns...maybe I will watch you for awhile here to see how it goes! ;-) I am really excited for you! I have the Stella and Dot Undercover Boss on my dvr and can't bring myself to delete it...have you seen it? It shows you just how amazing the company really is! :-)

Crissy
07-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Oh my god yes! I went online and watched undercover boss. It was absolutely amazing! It really helped make me finally take the leap. I am in Ohio and the distribution center is in Ohio too. Some of my new friends went down last Sunday and got to tour The center.

I am on Instagram as Crissyfabulosa feel free to follow me there or message me for my Facebook account

jrcorbes
08-09-2015, 03:10 AM
Im happy for you Crissy, congratulations! :)

nattyfinds
09-24-2015, 01:30 PM
I was with Lia Sophia for 4 years and after that whole deal I'm not to eager to sell jewelry to people...but I will have to check out your site for Stella & Dot maybe I will want to buy some pieces! :)

MissLisa
10-01-2015, 05:28 PM
I used to be on these boards a lot, and I remember that the Lia Sophia reps were so dedicated and motivated. Such a shame what happened and how it happened. But Stella and Dot is awesome! I've been a Stylist for almost 2 years, although not actively anymore. I sold jewelry for a couple of direct sales companies prior, and out of all of them, I loved them best. I love the products, the packaging, the website, the backoffice resources. Everything is state of the art and so well designed. Jessica Herrin is phenomenal. I personally never enjoyed doing trunk shows though. I found them hard to get, and would stress when the hostess stressed when there was a poor turnout, or she cancelled. I also didn't like giving up weekend afternoons and evenings, when most want to book. So I'm back to my first love, Avon. I take care of my elderly mom and need to be home evenings. Giving out brochures as I go through my day works better for me, and it's where I've had the greatest success in direct sales personally. Crissy, you sound very passionate about Stella and Dot, and that's what you need to succeed. Best of luck!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1