WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon
07-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Hi,

Im excited to say I finally made $45 in commission from an affiliate program I joined. It took a few months of creating a niche wordpress website, creating links and banners, social media posts and networking on LinkedIn and other networking sites to get some traffic to my site but it finally happened and I am very excited. I actually did a lot of marketing to start off then stopped for a few months. About 2 weeks ago I got a text message early Saturday morning from the company that sells the product saying I earned a commission.

They were excited too! I am writing this post to let those thinking about affiliate marketing know it works BUT you need to put in some work or at least thats how it happened for me.

Being fully transparent, I do have website design / online marketing experience but it wasn't very hard and I am sure anyone with the right attitude, focus and realistic work ethic can do it. The great thing was the affiliate program was totally free to join and I created a bunch of free accounts for my marketing like Facebook, Pinterest, my WordPress blog, Linked In, Startup Nation and I created backlinks on some directory sites. If anyone needs help I would be happy to lend a hand.

MsFit
07-01-2015, 08:30 PM
That's super awesome and well worth the hardwork!
Congrats!!
:)

danasurvey
07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Congratulations. :) I hope it's the first of many more!

blinky
07-01-2015, 09:54 PM
I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Blinky :-)

ennovationc
07-02-2015, 02:53 AM
:)Congrats

prohealthylivin
07-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Congrats! 🎉😊

07-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Congratulations!

blinky
07-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Hi, again! I wouldn't mind a little marketing advice. Should I send you a private message?

*In*2*Win*
07-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Congratulations!

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon
07-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Sure, thats why I shared my experience. If I can help someone with what I experienced and what worked for me then everyone wins. You see so much mis-leading information and people simply trying to sell something. I would be very happy if any of my advise helps someone get to there goals!

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon
07-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Hi, again! I wouldn't mind a little marketing advice. Should I send you a private message?

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon: Sure, that's why I shared my experience. If I can help someone with what I experienced and what worked for me then everyone wins. You see so much mis-leading information and people simply trying to sell something. I would be very happy if any of my advise helps someone get to their goals!

Ask away :)

QueenMaa
07-13-2015, 11:05 AM
Congrats! That's awesome! :) Yes, please do share what you did!

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon
07-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Congrats! That's awesome! :) Yes, please do share what you did!

Hi QueenMaa,

I looked for and found a niche product that matched my core marketing strategies which are in marketing services for salons and cosmetics. (multi-billion dollar market and growing). I found a company on Linkedin that had an affiliate program on their website. I need to disclose that I have website design/social media marketing experience.

I then started a networking relationship and agreed to cross marketing and affiliate sales of their product line which is a keratin hair treatment line which is a very popular segment of the hair care market.

Some of the keys are research and evaluation of the products or services you plan on marketing.

Ask a few important questions.

1. Is the product already selling well?
2. Does the product or service match your marketing abilities.
3. Would you be willing to create marketing content (social media posts, banner ads, blog posts)
4. How does the company pay once a sale is made from your affiliate marketing efforts? (PayPal is Preferred)
5. Does the product have a good background? (Check the BBB, do a Google search for reviews and complains)
6. Do they have an over saturated affiliate system? (example: Neriurm Skin Care)

It amazes me how many people spend their time and money trying to sell the wrong products or join a fly-by-night fitness / vitamin MLM and think they will make money.

The last key I will give is avoiding affiliate / MLM (multi-level-marketing) systems that offer a car once you sell 500,000 in products or the ones you have to buy the products and drive around trying to sell them. They usually don't work and the products that seem so great can be bought cheaper at Walmart by anyone. If you don't have a very good understanding of online marketing it will not matter what product or company you join!

You need something that is unique and allows you to build a “residual” income.

I am looking to network and grow the system I am using. I offer my marketing experience and expertise to anyone that networks with me. I am currently studying to take the Google Analytics Partnership Exam to validate what I know and what I can offer to my network partners. I currently work full time as an online marketing manager / web-designer for a cosmetics company so I know what I'm talking about!

Contact me if interested

chantellygirl
07-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Whoohoo!! Congrats to you!!! I was thinking about doing affiliate marketing/google adsense type items.

QueenMaa
07-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks for sharing SouthBeachsSalon!

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon
07-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Thank you all for the congrades,

Here's the link to the keratin hair product affiliate program signup I am working with:
Since my first post I am up to $170 in commissions without ready pushing it.

Affiliate Program - Registration (http://www.argiltherapy.com/jroxaffiliates/registration/atsbcs1)

It's free to signup and start selling and there is excellent marketing support and advise that you can use for any affiliate marketing you might do.

Good Luck!

BBKS
07-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Congrats I have had some success in affiliate marketing keep it up.

jrcorbes
08-06-2015, 12:12 AM
Congratulations! :)

weebytraffic
08-14-2015, 01:02 AM
Great work :D

tami9191
08-14-2015, 04:04 AM
Inspirational. Gift for your hard work!

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon
08-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Affiliate Program - Registration (http://www.argiltherapy.com/jroxaffiliates/atsbcs1/signup)

jrcorbes
08-17-2015, 07:36 AM
Thats great to hear! Congratulations! :)

sreeves
09-19-2015, 05:24 AM
I see that this post is a couple of months old, but congrats to you and I hope that you have achieved many more commissions since then!

Richard Johnson
09-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Affiliate marketingís greatest advantage is that itís a low-risk, pay for performance marketing strategy.

kingsofwinning
09-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Now the key is to capture that and multiply it by 100!

sallymandr
09-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Hi,

Im excited to say I finally made $45 in commission from an affiliate program I joined. It took a few months of creating a niche wordpress website, creating links and banners, social media posts and networking on LinkedIn and other networking sites to get some traffic to my site but it finally happened and I am very excited. I actually did a lot of marketing to start off then stopped for a few months. About 2 weeks ago I got a text message early Saturday morning from the company that sells the product saying I earned a commission.

They were excited too! I am writing this post to let those thinking about affiliate marketing know it works BUT you need to put in some work or at least thats how it happened for me.

Being fully transparent, I do have website design / online marketing experience but it wasn't very hard and I am sure anyone with the right attitude, focus and realistic work ethic can do it. The great thing was the affiliate program was totally free to join and I created a bunch of free accounts for my marketing like Facebook, Pinterest, my WordPress blog, Linked In, Startup Nation and I created backlinks on some directory sites. If anyone needs help I would be happy to lend a hand.

You mention that one of the free accounts you made was:
my WordPress blog

I don't believe you are able to do affiliate marketing on the free WordPress blog. You actually have to install WP onto your host server or purchase hosting through WP.

:D So glad you made your first commission. It is a thrill when that happens - every month. Your hard work paid off for you. Yes, affiliate marketing works but it isn't a 'get rich quick' or 'make money in your sleep' opportunity.

Actually, that last one, once you have your systems in place: website, following on social media, and email list, you can make money while you sleep. ;)

ginene
09-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Congratulations. It's always a blessing to get your first sale.

ZenDude
09-26-2015, 06:18 AM
Congrats! I remember my first payment from Amazon and how exciting it was to get that measly $10 check, because it meant what I was doing was working.

ZenDude
09-26-2015, 06:22 AM
You mention that one of the free accounts you made was:
my WordPress blog

I don't believe you are able to do affiliate marketing on the free WordPress blog. You actually have to install WP onto your host server or purchase hosting through WP.

:D So glad you made your first commission. It is a thrill when that happens - every month. Your hard work paid off for you. Yes, affiliate marketing works but it isn't a 'get rich quick' or 'make money in your sleep' opportunity.

Actually, that last one, once you have your systems in place: website, following on social media, and email list, you can make money while you sleep. ;)

I may be wrong, but I believe if you have a viable blog that provides good information and isn't just a one-page link to an affiliate program, then it's o.k. do do affiliate marketing on Wordpress.com. At least, I know people who use affiliate links there, but they are embedded in good, free, information, such as an article on a topic related to that affiliate. Blogger certainly allows affiliate links if you do it right. They are partnered with Amazon and they also allow eBay links, as long as you don't overdo it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1