WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

ashishkb
06-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Hi,
I'm doing market research and would like to understand whether it is common for professional sellers to sell on multiple channels or do they stick to one whether Amazon or eBay?
I've come across articles that indicate that there is not much overlap between these two channels but I'd like to validate. Also, are there any tools to upload and track products on multiple sells channels? Would it benefit sellers if we have a tool that allows you to upload and track your inventory on multiple channels without manual intervention? Sincerely, appreciate your response. Thank you!

Thanks
Ashish

AuctionDebtEliminator
07-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Great question.

I advocate selling in as many channels as possible, but ONLY if they are profitable.

If they're not, then there is no reason to stick around. (doy.)

However, I do have a HUGE preference for eBay, mostly because profit can be predicted prior to product acquisition/listing.

There are a TON of free tools that you can use to do your research (don't be fooled by 'research tools' that don't work. Only use the free methods.)

ashishkb
07-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your response. You mentioned "free tools". Can you please elaborate what do you mean by free tools? Do you mean tools to do research or tools to upload products on multiple marketplaces.

Thanks
Ashish

AuctionDebtEliminator
07-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Actually, both.

There are free tools to do mass listings, and there are also tools that help you research some VERY important things:

#1 - IF a product will sell
#2 - WHAT that price is
#3 - IS that price profitable?
#4 - WHAT niche should you sell?

I've been teaching how to use these tools for years. Many times people just have a gross misunderstanding as to what they actually do.

Great question!

ADE

ashishkb
07-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Thank you again for your prompt response. Would you mind pointing me to those tools?

Thanks
Ashish

BBKS
09-02-2015, 04:10 PM
I have sold products on both Amazon and Ebay it just depend on what products you are trying to sell.

crisstar
09-23-2015, 02:55 PM
There are people who sell on multiple platforms and there are people who stick with just one.

I work with people who are in ecommerce and there are sellers who will use platforms that don't charge listing fees. This allows them to get their merchandise in front of a larger audience and in turn increase sales.

So, to your question, it all depends on whom your talking to. We all have our own ways of doing things and there's no set fast rule of selling online.

In terms of tracking, I say just use a spreadsheet or find some software that helps you keep track of inventory. I think a lot of the sellers you see on eBay/Amazon use dropshippers and/or just order products from the manufacturers as they need it.

Fulfillment by Amazon allows Amazon to keep your inventory and you can in turn just track it from their site.

Theshandalee
11-27-2015, 07:11 PM
It truly depends on what you are hoping to get out of your business as well as the types of customers you are looking to attract. Any e-comm business owner will tell you that an Amazon customer is nothing like an Ebayer, Etsy customer and so on. Never puts your eggs in one basket be sure to diversify!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1