WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Free Link Trackers?

blinky
06-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Hi!

Is anyone using a good free link tracker? I tried one but I'm not getting any results (I know this because other sites are showing me that I am getting click-thrus, I just don't know how many or to which part of my website).

TIA,

Blinky :-)

QueenMaa
06-22-2015, 01:46 PM
Hello Tia,

I am using two good free trackers I sent them to you in a pm.

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon
07-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Just use Google Analytics .. its free and takes only a few minutes to setup.
What you really want to do is setup "Goals" and or "Conversion Tracking" in Google Analytics. That way you can figure out what marketing is working and how effective it is.

AuctionDebtEliminator
07-10-2015, 08:07 AM
What do you mean by 'Link Tracker?'

Are you referring to the actual traffic that gets to your site? Or are you referring to the websites that link to yours?

In an above comment it was mentioned that Google Analytics was good for tracking traffic.
This is generally true, but even Google has admitted that they do NOT disclose all of your traffic. (Some more experienced people may notice this in the [None Set] tag given within your account.)

If you're talking about sites that link to you, there is nothing better than Google's own 'Webmaster Tools'

It is essential that every single site have this enabled. It will show you how to optimize meta, schema, pages, traffic, CTR's, etc.

The feature you're looking for is: "Sites that Link to me"

You'll be able to research the viability of those sites linking to you.

Why does that matter? Well, if you have crappy sites linking to you (for example, if you've paid for links) then you're in a lot of trouble. Link farms destroy your reputation and authority.

What you'll need to do is 'disavow' all of those links that are junk. Google lets you repent if you disclose those links.

Enjoy!

ADE

crisstar
07-12-2015, 02:13 AM
Like someone stated earlier set up Google analytics.

If you want to see how many clicks you're getting you can use one of those url shortners like bitly or Google shortner. If you need more indepth stats like conversions you can use sites like Clickmeter, Adminder, etc...

jrcorbes
08-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Just use Google Analytics .. its free and takes only a few minutes to setup.
What you really want to do is setup "Goals" and or "Conversion Tracking" in Google Analytics. That way you can figure out what marketing is working and how effective it is.

Thank you for this! :)

Richard Johnson
09-29-2015, 04:18 PM
Google analytics is a free link tracker. YOu can use it and can track your traffic of your website.

Theshandalee
11-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Google Analytics is the best way to go. Especially if you are looking to grow your business for the long haul. If you are marketing for over 50 different companies, you could use bitly or something like that as well.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1