WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Online Store

nekaatl
06-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Hey guys!

I am looking into opening an online storefront next week (just waiting on supplies). I will start off selling jewelry and later venture into clothing. Has anyone done this before and have any advice. I have been researching for weeks so I can be informed. I know I wont see sales quickly (maybe for months) but this is something I really want to do for myself and my family. Any tips on driving people to my website? Or just your experience...Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey Sloe
06-22-2015, 05:03 AM
My stepson's fiancé designs and sells clothes online (Home / Third Palace (http://www.thirdpalace.com/)). Most of her sales come from "word-of-mouth" advertising, and by using her social media sites. If people like what you are selling, it doesn't take long for the word to spread. Also, make sure your page(s) are optimized for keywords, one keyword (or keyword phrase) per page.

Good luck with your endeavor.

DesignsByDani
07-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Are you planning on using your own website?

nekaatl
07-08-2015, 10:18 PM
No Storenvy for now
Home · The Unek Spot · Online Store Powered by Storenvy (http://unekspot.storenvy.com/)

edward222
08-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Hey guys!

I am looking into opening an online storefront next week (just waiting on supplies). I will start off selling jewelry and later venture into clothing. Has anyone done this before and have any advice. I have been researching for weeks so I can be informed. I know I wont see sales quickly (maybe for months) but this is something I really want to do for myself and my family. Any tips on driving people to my website? Or just your experience...Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I suggest to try to participate in social media groups like Facebook and G+ where you can reach your target market.
Since both men and women wears jewelry, its not that hard to gain traffic and get some sales :).

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1