WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

lac668
06-10-2015, 05:12 PM
It seems like most direct-selling companies primarily use friends, family, and other connections to sell things, but what about selling them on Amazon or eBay primarily? How does selling direct-selling items on Amazon or eBay work, and will direct-selling companies let you do it?

mrswahm
06-15-2015, 10:04 AM
What do you mean by "Direct Selling," sorry I do not understand; I'd like to help out....please explain a little further

JCT2005
07-15-2015, 03:48 PM
A Direct Selling company has you join for a fee and become an independent contractor or consultant and sell their products. Examples are Mary Kay, Tupperware, and Avon.

Actually, I'm pretty curious about this as well if there are any direct selling companies who let you use eBay to sell their products. My husband and I are currently selling on eBay but I'd like to expand.

lrci
07-24-2015, 06:03 AM
Amazon passes Walmart as largest retailer in the world. Means a huge customer base, but a lot of competition for sellers.

ybnegood
07-27-2015, 07:54 PM
If you are talking about MLM companies such as Avon, Watkins, or any of 100's of similar companies
you have to read their member agreements restrictions with their dealers for a sure answer.
I believe that most of them will not allow such sales, nor do they allow you to set up your own
website, unless it is a page set up for you directly on their website.

In addition, most MLM companies do not allow "cross selling" for example, If you tell your customer
that you are an Avon rep, you cannot also attempt to show or sell them products from another MLM
company - example no Tupperware demo at an Avon home party.

hope that helps
martin

prohealthylivin
07-27-2015, 09:02 PM
I agree with Martin. My company is a direct selling company that uses distributors to sell it's products and we are prohibited from creating our own website to sell their products and from selling it on places like Amazon or Ebay. You need to read the rules and policies from your company to see if this is allowed, but I don't believe any will allow it. If you see it, people are probably breaking compliance.

JCT2005
07-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the responses, from my own research, I think you're right, Martin. Which I think is a shame because eBay and Amazon let you reach more people across the country. But, oh well, I will focus on hunting thrift shops and garage sales for my inventory. Plus, use my direct shipping company that I found.

I did find one site that lets you sell their items on eBay (not sure if it meant for distrubtiors or just people who buy them wholesale). It's Jewelry Candles (http://www.jewelrycandles.com/). Although you only make $2.50 for a $25 candle, which after fees isn't worth it. At least for me it's not.

Persistant59
08-01-2015, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the responses, from my own research, I think you're right, Martin. Which I think is a shame because eBay and Amazon let you reach more people across the country. But, oh well, I will focus on hunting thrift shops and garage sales for my inventory. Plus, use my direct shipping company that I found.

I did find one site that lets you sell their items on eBay (not sure if it meant for distrubtiors or just people who buy them wholesale). It's Jewelry Candles (http://www.jewelrycandles.com/). Although you only make $2.50 for a $25 candle, which after fees isn't worth it. At least for me it's not.

:)Hello, I just finish reading your your forum and I sell amazon products on my website I also have links on the same site from clickbank. When you are selling other companies products on your website, the company usually want to see your website first before they give an approval and you have to read the fine print and make sure you do not do anything to get you ban from selling their products. I am signed up Ebay to put their links on my website but I have not done that yet. You can make money selling other companies products on your website. However, it might not be the kind of money you want to make to start off, but if you stick with for at lease a year and give it a chance, then in the end you can see if you want to stick with it or not.

crisstar
09-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Most direct selling companies do not permit you selling products on eBay or Amazon.

Nevertheless, you can see just about any product from a direct selling company on there. These are usually from reps(in disguise of course) or friends of reps or people who have bought products directly from reps themselves.

If you want to sell products on Amazon/eBay then don't sign up with an network marketing/direct sales company. You'll need to find affiliate products that allow you to sell on these kinds of sites or work with dropshipper.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1