WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Trades of Hope update

funmomma
06-08-2015, 06:35 PM
It is now official!! I orrig. found Trades of Hope on the DSA website under the pending companies and as of last week, Trades of Hope has completed the process and is now a full member of the DSA! So very happy for all the hard work our founders have done so far and so very excited to see just how many lives we can help change with what we're doing. :D

We are quickly closing in on reaching 1,700 CEs which many in our profession say is the tipping point. I was participating in a team call with my director last night and she was telling us how a gentleman named Matthew was at the home office last week giving them an update on some of our artisans in India. (he is one of the people we have on the ground in different countries making sure that the artisans are being treated well and with the Fair Trade Guidelines. This is a larger group that is made up of 34 groups (representing approx 1,000 artisans!!) that are recovered lepers, have or have recovered from polio, HIV or AIDS. Their culture shuns them and quite often their whole families carry the shame of the disease, leaving them little or no work to provide for their needs. This group gives them a way to make a living (sustainable business) to provide for their families, provides free electricity & water in their homes and for many - free University for the children.

This amazing partnership we Compassionate Entrepreneurs have with these women (and some men too) is changing lives in a meaningful & long lasting way. I don't just sell bracelets..... I help save lives. <3
Amanda

udesignit
06-09-2015, 03:52 PM
The DSA listing is significant in my opinion. Congratulations on this and the continued growth of TOH.

accents4you2
06-26-2015, 08:11 AM
The growth is exciting! Love seeing the men joining as reps,too!

I love also love how our line is expanding...with so many beautiful new accessories. It's wonderful to see that people are becoming more aware of fair trade.

funmomma
07-02-2015, 03:04 PM
I agree about seeing the line expand - the men's leather wallet, the cosmetic bag released yesterday. Very exciting!
I had gotten on to share after I listened to our Founder's call from yesterday that I just listened to. Gretchen shared among other things that last year we helped about 6,500 artisans and this year we're on pace to triple that and help around 19,000 artisans this year. That's very exciting to me. :cool: Even more exciting is to think of just how world changing this will be as we start to reach bigger Compassionate Entrepreneur numbers.
So very proud to be working towards making my living full time by helping others on a daily basis. <3
Amanda

karenstradesofhope
08-08-2015, 10:41 PM
I'm new to WAHM and a bit new to Trades of Hope also. I just became a CE in April but I'm passionate about sharing and getting the word out to help our artisans and grow this fabulous company. Good to see some fellow CEs on here and look forward to finding my way around the forums. Enjoyed your post, Amanda!

funmomma
08-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Welcome to WAHM Karen!! <3 So glad to hear you've join us both in our mission of changing lives and being here on WAHM. :) If there's anything we can help you with, just let me/us here know!

So are YOU as excited about the fall product reveal on Sat. as I am??? I have heard we will be adding new artisan groups, including 2 new countries being represented. I can't wait to hear/see it all.

Amanda

funmomma
08-24-2015, 07:29 PM
So very excited for our fall catalog launch tomorrow!! I've got my personal party scheduled for this weekend and I've been reaching out to schedule extra fall parties. Excited to see 3 items for our Breast Cancer Awareness campaign this year.
Any CEs have a favorite item or 10 yet-haha?!?! I am supposed to get my first batch of fall items Wed. Getting the rest that I want with my host rewards. I can't wait to see what my Mosaic Clutch looks like - what pattern I get. ♥

Amanda

funmomma
08-27-2015, 08:02 PM
I absolutely ADORE my Mosaic clutch I received!! And in the first 24 hours of carrying it a co-worker wants to buy one and a stranger stopped me telling me how much she loved it and wanted to know where she could buy one!! The card slots sewn into the lining are very nice. I think I also want to get the Weekender bag at some point.
My Breast Cancer Awareness items I purchased will arrive tomorrow. I ordered the scarf & the bracelet Tues (so I can wear it with my one from last year's promotion and with our Pure Love bracelet) so I can have it for my open house on Sunday. I might even throw the new Restoration bracelet in there too.... I have learned to love an arm party!

funmomma
09-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Trades of Hope is the featured company in the Direct Selling News this month!
A nicely done article that shows the true heart & purpose of our company. <3
Amanda

Trades of Hope: A Sisterhood of Compassionate Entrepreneurs ? Direct Selling News (http://directsellingnews.com/index.php/view/trades_of_hope_a_sisterhood_of_compassionate_entre preneurs?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Trades+of+Hope&utm_campaign=The+September+issue+of+Direct+Selling +News+is+now+available+online!#.VeeavvZVikr)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1