WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Specific contract help

shebee
06-01-2015, 03:36 PM
I hope there are others on this forum who also contract with this company I have concerns about and will therefore understand the context of what I'm writing about.

This contract just told me I am required to sign a brand new contract specifically for one of their clients, in addition to my contract already on file with the company, at the demand of that client, and that I have to sign it to continue with them.

This contract is full of questionable things that are alarming and very much open to interpretation. I want to ask others, did you just sign the contract and not worry about it, or were you extremely alarmed by some of the glaringly obvious problems in this contract that would let this particular client come directly after you legally if they have so much as a "perceived" belief of a threat?

To me, this is very upsetting. Take the following example: Let's say that this month, in June, I type a transcript Q&A where John Doe is the interviewee. Obviously, John Doe is also giving other Q&A statements to other companies involved in his case too. So let's say that in December, 6 long months from now when I've deleted forever my transcript and long forgotten it, John Doe's SSN gets out and his identity is stolen. Well, it would appear that under this contract I'm supposed to sign, I could now be sued by a huge company and by John Doe simply because perhaps they "perceived" a breach in my router, or my ISP, or my firewall or something equally obscure that I cannot defend 6 months later. That is scary as hell to me!!!!

What is everybody else in this situation doing? I'd love to hear thoughts and feedback from anyone else who works with this contract.

JoetteB
06-04-2015, 11:25 AM
I think I recognize the company you're referring to. I no longer contract with them due to the constant bar raising in the name of "security". I would personally not be comfortable signing a contract such as the one you've described.

RedBull
06-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Edited to say: I'll send you a private message, shebee!!

spoooky
06-05-2015, 07:19 AM
I contract with this company too and know exactly what you mean. I signed the contract without saying a word but I am increasing my work with my other contracts so that I can phase out of this contract completely during the next month. What's the point of them being the middle man when we get no protection from them? This used to be a good contract for me but I don't feel that way anymore.

I almost never post, but am a lurker on this and other transcription forums. Lately I have seen an increase in negative posts about this company. It's obvious that many of their contractors are increasingly unhappy.

theophilus balogun
06-05-2015, 07:54 AM
well,i haven,t been in contact with this company,but if you ask me i don't think deres any seance signing a contract with a company that won,t assure your protection in case of any eventualities,have a great day

Peaked
06-05-2015, 07:58 AM
I think I recognize the company you're referring to. I no longer contract with them due to the constant bar raising in the name of "security". I would personally not be comfortable signing a contract such as the one you've described.

I second this. I no longer contract with this company either. They now have a few other ridiculous requirements, totally not worth their turnaround time requirements and what they pay.

Lately I have seen an increase in negative posts about this company. It's obvious that many of their contractors are increasingly unhappy.

Ditto! It was too much of a headache for me to stay with them.

Littlepinky
06-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Oh God, I'm pretty sure this is one of my contracts and now I'm worried. I signed that new contract without a second thought because of the prefacing email telling us it was no big deal. Now I'm rereading it and I see all the concerns that shebee mentioned and I"m angry that I was lied to. I found it strange that we received this on a Friday and it was due immediately.
What is going on with this company? They used to be highly regarded but now it's one thing after another with them.