WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Spelling numbers

JanD
05-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Hi all ... this may seem like a dumb question, but when you are transcribing a phone number at the beginning of a sentence, how is it done? 560-201-5306, for instance. I can't seem to find anything online about this. Five six zero, two zero one, five three zero six? Any help will be appreciated!

JoetteB
05-28-2015, 12:03 PM
I know that generally the rule is to spell out numbers when they begin a sentence, but a phone number is an entity unto itself. A phone number is never written five six zero, two zero one, five three zero six. I'd use numerals. The same rule usually applies for things like dates and measurements (10 miles per hour). Here's the APA style guidance for reference: https://wikis.engrade.com/apanumbers

JanD
05-30-2015, 04:03 AM
Thank you for your input and the link! J