WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

lipstck
05-15-2015, 10:30 AM
I was contacted by someone who I sent my resume to. They are not requiring me to complete a transcription sample, and apparently they have their clients on 30-day invoices, the majority being on 56-day invoices. I assume this means that they have 60 days to pay for work completed, which means I would only be being paid every other month if at all? I don't know if I should trust something like this. I erased the email I was sent, because it seems to be an issue to have posted it.

Alba
05-15-2015, 12:11 PM
I think you shouldn't be posting what might be a confidential communication on an open forum. Surely you could have thought of another way to ask the same question.

JoetteB
05-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Once you get started, you should still be paid each month, it will just take a while to get the first check. I know that working for a company with a long pay schedule like that can be daunting, so do your research and make sure they have a good reputation of paying on time.

Pay schedules like this one are not always a "we'll pay you if/when we're paid" situation. It's similar to when you start a new B&M job. You usually don't get paid on the first pay day because most businesses don't process the payroll overnight. There's usually a two week lag. If a company pays monthly, you invoice at the end of the month, they take 30 days to process it, and then you're paid the following month.

macdknife
05-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Regarding the question of payment cycles, I would personally be wary of an organization which pays on a 45 day cycle. What happens if they suddenly wind up their show & vanish into the "CLOUD" they came from? It's happened before, so to put it simply, you're totally screwed:mad:

It's far better to have a client who pays regularly on a weekly, bi-weekly basis, or monthly basis, someone you build & establish a trust with, as in the end, it all boils down to a matter of trust.

These are the pitfalls of new Cyber/Cloud age we live in. One must test the waters carefully before jumping in. Would love to hear some comments from others regarding this, & like you mentioned, it is a very sensitive issue.

rachelhav
05-16-2015, 04:31 PM
I'm a newbie, so take my opinion for what it is. But I think there are enough red flags in this that I would stay away from it. It would just make me too nervous to wait that long to get paid. Plus, they pay fairly well (I read the original message) but don't require a test? That doesn't seem too legit to me.