WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Drop Shipping Question

sunshine5637
05-13-2015, 06:59 PM
I am wanting to learn/do some online marketing and would like to start with drop shipping on ebay due to the lower costs of start-up. My goal is to eventually have a blog on different ways to make money online (because I've done lots of research) and feature drop shipping and some affiliate marketing on that blog.

What advice would you give me about drop shipping on ebay? What has been your experience? Do you make money doing this and if so, what range and how long did it take you to get there?

Thank you!

ybnegood
05-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Ebay is now a very difficult venue to make money on. Sellers (and Buyers) are leaving the site in droves. Scam artists abound and Ebay almost always sides with Buyers. Post office delivers late?
sellers fault + defect, Drop shipper sent wrong item = sellers fault + defect, Buyer didn't fully read description and doesn't want item now? = sellers fault + defect.

Especially as a new seller, defects can cripple your business and get you permanently banned from Ebay. Plus new sellers may have to wait 21 days or more before paypal will release your funds to protect buyers from fraudulent sellers that sell but don't deliver.

Unless you've worked with a drop shipper before, I would NEVER do drop shipping. There is just too
much risk that the drop shipper ships late, ships wrong product, runs out of stock, etc, etc.

I have been selling on Ebay since 2003 and my sales are down about 90%
I used to ship 30 packages a day at Christmas-time, last Christmas maybe 1 or 2 per day.

good luck

JCT2005
07-10-2015, 05:27 AM
The company I use, Smart Living Company (http://www.smartlivingcompany.com/), allows you to sell on eBay. I only sell a few things through them, partly because there is some competition with other sellers using the same company and because most of what I sell is old toys and collectibles that are physically in my house. The company is based in California and I never had any issues with my buyers from them, though. There is a yearly fee but their shipping rates are reasonable through UPS. They ship out the items usually within 2 business days of the order being placed.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1