WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Tax questions

rachelhav
05-10-2015, 06:42 AM
I posted on the "business" board but I thought I'd throw it out here, too...

Just getting my independent contractor-dom set up and I'm really confused about how much to set aside for taxes. Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to figure this out. I have looked at all kinds of IRS info, google searches, etc. There's just so much info out there and it's a bit overwhelming.

Particularly, if anyone is here from the state of Virginia and knows what they're doing, I'd really appreciate the help! Feel free to PM me if you want.

Thanks,
Rachel

tripmom
05-10-2015, 10:09 AM
I use paycheckcity.com. Since you are self-employed be sure to take out double social security. I deposit the tax money into a savings account until tax time.

rachelhav
05-11-2015, 05:26 AM
That's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks tripmom. :)