WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

sammy674
05-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Hello! :)

I've just joined this forum as I have spent the past year being unemployed and need to do something to keep myself busy! I'm a very shy person who easily becomes anxious in situations with other people, and thus stumbled upon transcription as a possible job suitable for my personality.

As far as I can tell, general transcription requires no formal education other than good grammar/spelling, typing ability & attention to detail. So, how does one start in this field exactly? Are there particular places which are more willing to accept complete newbies? Also, does anyone have experience doing general transcription work not at home? I feel the act of actually travelling somewhere different to do work helps keep me focused.

Thanks very much for any input :)

Samantha

Gutsy
05-10-2015, 03:58 AM
One of the first things is obviously to tell people you're doing it. I always recommend getting a website, and posting on business directories. It can also be helpful to tell your neighbours, and put up notices at local shopping centres, schools, etc.