WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Trades of Hope?

shannon80134
04-21-2015, 10:28 AM
Hello!! :)

OK - long story short, I hate my job, and I don't want to do it anymore!!!! I've been looking (for quite some time....) for a direct sales position that could really MEAN something to me. Today I came across Trades of Hope, and I feel like it could be a GREAT fit!!

Is there anyone here who is currently a rep for them? I would love to get some first hand details about the products (I have read WONDERFUL reviews), the comp plan, etc.

Basically I want something I can do primarily online, using social media and such, with perhaps an occasional party somewhere outside of my home (I live in a tiny apartment, no real room for a party! haha!). I'd like to make enough $$ to QUIT my job (did I mention that I hate that job...??), and enough flexibility to spend my days with my kids instead of being tied to a desk!

I would really appreciate any feedback anyone has!

Thanks!

funmomma
04-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Hi there Shannon 80134,
There are a few of us here on WAHM, you can look back through the thread and any one of us would be happy to talk with/help you. You can look through this folder or do a search at the top of the site for Trades of Hope and find any of us. There are just over 1,300 of us nationwide right now.
I am so glad you are feeling drawn to what Trades of Hope is about and what we're trying to do. It truly is something that not only brings you an income but helps so many women in desperate situations care for their families they same we we want to take care of ours. <3 Most of us are missions minded and have a heart for helping others. Most often women find Trades of Hope, it speaks to them on a deeper level and jump in and start creating positive change. I just celebrated my 1st anniversary with TOH last week and I have learned so much about healthy/sustainable change and been changed in a very positive way by that knowledge and by doing something with that knowledge!
While live parties (where you can convey the artisan stories best) is of course ideal but we do have CEs (Compassionate Entrepreneurs) who mostly do online & vendor events. I know we have a CE I met at our January training retreat that lives in NY where "parties' just don't fly as well who does most of her business through referals & setting up at vendor/boutique events. And I rarely hold parties in my own home, most of them are either at my host's home, in a coffee shop, or other creative places. I've done several FB parties too. More of us have been exploring creating videos to communicate "personally" with others online. As long as you have a plan and are committed to doing the steps it will take to get you there on a daily basis, you should reach the point where you could quit your job that I'm getting the idea isn't your favorite (haha!). :D
If you wanted to PM any of us here on the board, we would love to answer any questions you have and see if we could help you create a workable plan to get you working from home while doing something so very meaningful.
Amanda
P.S. - we have new summer products launching April 28th. I just got a few samples in that I ordered and I LOVE the new additions.

accents4you2
04-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Trades of Hope is an amazing company with an amazing product line and an amazing mission! It is truly an opportunity that feeds your soul! There are many different levels of success with our company. Like any other business it all depends what you put into it. I have to say I have seen some very high monthly sales with TOH...higher than with any other company I've been with. I'm not saying that's the norm..but obviously it's a possibility. Because the women of TOH are in it for a higher calling, the team work is like none other. It is an incredible sisterhood to be part of! This is a great time to join TOH as more and more people are beginning to see why shopping fair trade products is a good thing. I'm not sure if you've seen the product in person, but you will be very impressed. They are handmade treasures!

Keep the questions coming...

shannon80134
04-27-2015, 09:23 AM
Thank you for your feedback! I am VERY interested in this business, and am hoping to make my move by perhaps Thursday or Friday of this week, I've just got a few things to work out! I am working on a list of questions, so I will get back to you as soon as possible! Thank you both SO much for taking time to respond to my post! I really appreciate it!

liz.jewels
04-27-2015, 12:57 PM
You sound very motivated and really seem to understand what you are looking for in a company and why you want to succeed. I wish you the very best as you launch your new business!

funmomma
04-27-2015, 01:42 PM
That's wonderful! I list of questions is always helpful to make sure you have everything you need answered so you can make your best plan to succeed!! Make sure to communicate with which ever Compassionate Entrepreneur you want to talk with exactly what your goals are and any time table you have already set for yourself so we can help you break down those goals into manageable action steps to reach them. I can tell just from your posts here that you are motivated and have caught the mission/heart of what we're doing. I expect you'll make a big difference for so many artisans!!
Also, make sure whomever you speak with covers our Smart Start program with you. When you reach your 30, 60 & your 90 day goals one of your 90 bonuses is feeding an orphan for a month. I thought that was a pretty cool achievement. As you help these women grow sustainable businesses... you will grow a sustainable and thriving business. ♥
I am sure you will love the supportive Sisterhood, both with fellow CEs and learning more about our artisans. Right now, we are waiting to hear from our 2 artisan groups in Nepal (one near Kathmandu & the other is a more rural group - praying that they are all OK. We have heard from our nearby artisan groups in Bangladesh & India that they are safe.
Excited to hear more from you and see you launch to make some BIG waves of change! :D
Amanda

plunderprincess
04-28-2015, 10:15 PM
I agree it's very important that you find a company you are passionate about. When you fall in love with a product line and what it stands for nothing will get in your way! "Though she may be little, she is fierce!"

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1