WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Avon Animal Testing

DMASR
04-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Hello,

My wife is a Nurse and she's been selling Avon at her work for over 12 years now and her boss is ok with it. Her boss even buys products from her. She goes to work today and her avon book that was on her desk had a bright yellow sticker on it that said Do not buy from Avon they test there products on animals. An a CNA came forward and said she put the sticker on it and of course she and my wife got into it saying Avon testing animals, your not allowed to sell anything at work, etc, etc. How do you handle this or how would you handle this? My wife has been there 21 years now and selling Avon for 12 years. Thank you.

Dave

SAHMof2
04-15-2015, 04:08 AM
Sorry it has taken so long to respond to this post.

There has been a lot of controversy over this in the last month or so. I am not sure how this even started again to be honest. But as far as your question on how you would handle this, tell your wife to take the high road and don't argue with someone, especially at work. The information she needs to present to anyone who questions her about it is found on the site below. There is a PDF printout that she can use to take to work with her. If the co-worker confronts her again tell her to politely tell her that she understands her concern but would appreciate in the future if she would come to her with any allegations so that she can accurately address it before it becomes an issue.

Tell you wife, don't take things such as this personally. There could have been an alternative reason why this co-worker felt the need to do this.

Avon Products, Inc. & Consumer Safety: Commitment to Science...Respect for Animal Welfare (http://www.avoncompany.com/corporate-responsibility/about-cr/positions-policies/animal-welfare/?hc_location=ufi)

*In*2*Win*
04-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Well put, Heather!

Bonnie

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1