WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What samples do you use?

suse
04-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Do you offer a sample with your customer order? If so, what do you give them? Have you found them to be a perk, or do your customers eventually order the full size of the sample? Thanks!

Krina
04-07-2015, 05:21 PM
When they had the soup base samples and foot cream samples I used to give them out as well as the cinnamon and pepper. Now we don't have those any longer so it will have to be the larger samples unless I buy enough clearance items. My customers usually did buy the soup bases after trying the sample and the cinnamon and pepper were good sellers before I was giving samples out.

suse
04-09-2015, 04:45 AM
Thanks Krina! I struggle with giving out clearance items as samples. They are a great deal, and customers enjoy receiving something for free. My thought challenge is giving out something that they won't be able to buy in the future since it is discontinued. Maybe just getting them to try something new without a purchase, even if they can't buy that exact product, could encourage them in general to try other products, like a similar item that IS available.

Krina
04-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Yes I understand what you mean about giving out samples for something the customer can't buy anymore but sometimes you can tell them about a product that is similar. Most of my samples now are gone other than some foot cream and laundry detergent. I have a few of the mango shea butter samples left but don't give them out much. I have been asked though if I had any left that people could have and I tell them yes but also mention other hand lotions and things they could try and it sometimes brings me a new order.
I really miss the soup base, cinnamon and pepper samples. They did well for orders for me.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1