WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Reply From Amazon Associates

adeelghazanfar1
02-28-2015, 03:44 AM
Hi, When I had registered for Amazon Associates, they told me that if I will not make a sale within 3 months , my application will be rejected. I have emailed them, and asked them about this policy, that affiliate marketing needs effort and time, and so how can a person starts making sales within 3 months. Is this situation happened to someone else's also? This is the reply from Amazon Associates regarding my issue:
Your Amazon Associates Inquiry.
Amazon.com.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry about our associates program. I am sorry that your account had been closed in the past. With our affiliate program we market toward sites that are well established, meaning that already receive traffic and would easy create a sale within 3 months. This account closure of not getting a sale within those first 3 months still stands and I would recommend that if you are reapplying that you read through our operating agreement and make sure that your website is where you'd like as far as traffic and content.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Acacia W.

txtesez
03-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Since I haven't had this problem, I asked around for you to the peeps at my Wealthy Affiliate membership who use Amazon, and was told if that happens to you (get notice of termination due to no sales), you just reapply.

I was also told if don't have enough traffic coming into your website, you may want to wait until you have more traffic to your site before reapplying. As obviously, making sales is a numbers game; the bigger the numbers the higher the chance of a sale.

Bountiful blessings!

Online Sam
03-01-2015, 04:36 PM
That really sucks for a beginner.

Put a lot of effort into your site and show those amazon fools a thing or two when you sign up and bank those sales :D

I do see amazon's side of things there, but don't be discouraged.

BBKS
03-03-2015, 12:36 PM
You know that you can be a seller on Amazon without having issue with traffic. Sale your stuff make income that way too.

canadianMT
03-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Yes, I'm worried about the 90 day policy that Amazon has as well. I just signed up for the Amazon affiliate program and my site is only three months old so doesn't get a lot of traffic. Hoping I make an affiliate sale with them before the 90 days is up but not holding my breath. Thinking i should have waited until I was getting decent traffic before joining the program, but too late for that now.

Christopher

Lori786
03-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Yes, I'm worried about the 90 day policy that Amazon has as well. I just signed up for the Amazon affiliate program and my site is only three months old so doesn't get a lot of traffic. Hoping I make an affiliate sale with them before the 90 days is up but not holding my breath. Thinking i should have waited until I was getting decent traffic before joining the program, but too late for that now.

Christopher

You can hope for the best. It's not a fair policy and I don't think it was in place when I joined back in 2008 or so, guess they needed to weed out non-performing accounts, but I don't see why the 90 days.

MsKatrina
05-20-2015, 01:44 PM
You could always just have one of your family or friends who are already shopping on Amazon anyway click from your website to get your affiliate link. Problem solved.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1