WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Affiliate Marketing Dormancy Fees

adeelghazanfar1
02-11-2015, 03:21 AM
Hello, I have learned that affiliate marketing needs time and effort before start earning with it. But affiliate programs says that if you did not make a sale for a specific period ot time , for example say within three months, you have to pay a fees , and that fees is also high. If I starts working with affiliate marketing I have to spend time on it, and after a specific period I have to pay fees for dormant account. Can you tell me that how to start affiliate marketing , without having to pay a fees for not making a sale for a specific period of time?Thanks

txtesez
02-12-2015, 08:35 AM
I assume you are talking about a specific company that you are wanting to affiliate market their products?

I would start with ClickBank (there are others), but there is no such fee if you don't make a sale within a certain time. You can also sell Amazon products. These are just the two that most people start with.

Yes, affiliate marketing takes work but so does everything else out there.

There are work at home jobs, although the pay is low, however you can work one of these and keep the pennies coming in until you start earning the dollars from your affiliate marketing efforts.

To be successful in affiliate marketing you will need to decide on a niche based on your passions, build a website around that passion, learn how to automatically get visitors to your website, keep those visitors happy and coming back (subscribing to your newletters and/or freebies), and how to convert those visitors into sales - and how to keep those buyers buying more.

Once you get that accomplished everything pretty runs on autopilot with spending minimal time adding to what you have created to keep it fresh and active, by then you should be earning well past enough to call it your business :D

Bountiful Blessings!

adeelghazanfar1
02-13-2015, 05:51 AM
Hi txtsez, I have read this on affiliate sites, that if you do not make a sale within a certain time you have to pay a fee. When I was registered with Amazon, they have told me that if you will not make a sale within three months, your application will be cancelled. Clickbank also says that, if you have a positive balance , and you have not earned for 90 days , you have to pay a fees, and it will exceeds if the situation persists. Share A Sale also allows a sale for a certain period. Commission Junction take the fees for not making a sale for six months.Thanks

txtesez
02-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Unless this is different country rule, I have been affiliated with Amazon and Clickbank for years and sometimes did not work it and did not have sales for long long periods of time and have NEVER been charged a fee. Ever.

So I have no idea, best of wishes!

txtesez
02-13-2015, 12:26 PM
I tried to find fee charges on Clickbank and the ONLY thing I can find pertains to the VENDORS and NOT affiliates. The vendors are the ones who own the product and yes if an account is dormant, meaning no sales are made, they are charged $1 a day or some such thing.

So do you mean you want to sell your own product as a vendor? If yes, then it does that there is a fee if you don't make a sale on your product.

But I still can't find anything about an affiliate; meaning a person that sells (or tries to sell) the vendor's product, that they have to pay any such fee.

adeelghazanfar1
02-14-2015, 04:18 AM
Thanks for your reply. Yes vendors have to pay a fee ,and not affiliates in Clickbank. But on other affiliate programs I have read that you have to make a sale for a certain period. Your reply is helpful to me.

Online Sam
02-15-2015, 03:57 PM
I had thought that I was the only one initially confused...!:(

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1