WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Silver or Gold ???

Northern Clover 5105
02-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi jewelry lovers,

Just out of curiosity, do you think silver looks better than gold? I personally love silver over gold, but lately I have seen a lot of young ladies wearing a lot of gold. Just want to see what you ladies think.

Have a good weekend!

Alison from Northern Clover

funmomma
02-01-2015, 01:52 PM
I think both can be beautiful. I know skin tones can play a big difference in what looks best on someone. I happen to look better in silver tones but can appreciate that some women look better in golden tones. :)
Amanda

missyroth
02-02-2015, 06:15 PM
The skin tone issue definitely plays a role in your question. It's not a matter or what looks better, but what looks better on you. I personally prefer silver for my rose-toned skin.

Northern Clover 5105
02-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Probably true when it comes to skin tone playing a part. I am pretty tan and never really like the look of gold on me. How are you ladies doing in your selling? There is definitely a lot to learn.

liz.jewels
02-11-2015, 02:10 PM
I have blue undertones in my skin so silver looks best on me. However, my company came out with more brass-based pieces over the past year, and I have found that I also like brass that has a more antiqued look to it as opposed to bright shiny gold-tone brass.

Gold has never been my thing. Plus, it's quite expensive, so I only have a few gold pieces. I'm not really interested in gold-plated pieces because so many of them have nickel under the gold and I am very allergic to nickel!

Gold tones are very "in" right now, so our brass line is selling like hotcakes! However, I still find plenty of women who want the quality of sterling silver and they are some of my best customers.

NCMichelle
10-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Silver or gold is a preference rooted in your style more than your skin tone. We all have a preference for one just like we have a preference for floral prints over solids. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. As a quick cheat sheet:

Vintage Romantics like matte gold, antique gold or rose gold primarily
Classic Chics like luxe gold
Understated Natural Styles like silver
Trendy Dramatics like it all usually mixing metals

lissaleone
12-01-2015, 08:13 PM
I'd say it depends on what I'm wearing. Silver tends to look better with cool colors, gold and bronze look better with warm colors. At least for me. :)

xtiffan
01-11-2016, 08:22 AM
I like both but I prefer gold.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1