WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Looking for a jewelry company

jrichardson
01-25-2015, 04:29 PM
I originally was going to go back to Lia Sophia at the beginning of this year, but due to thier turn of events that didn't happen.

SO I am considering a jewelry company SIMILAR to what Lia was as far as customer specials, different types and cost of jewelry...

Is there anything out there?

cabimom
01-25-2015, 06:57 PM
You might check out the new Vivi (formally Cookie Lee).

But truthfully, my favorite is Touchstone Crystal by Swarovski (great jewelry and comp plan) or Silpada. Touchstone does offer some sort of guest special and host special each month. Good luck, there a lot of great jewelry companies out there right now!

funmomma
01-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Hi Jeanie,
So sorry on the closing of Lia Sophia. I don't know if you'd consider Trades of Hope similar at all to LS but Trades of Hope has put out a kit discount offer off our biggest kit for past LS advisors. I have been seeing welcomes in our FB group page for several past advisors that have decided to join us recently and become Compassionate Entrepreneurs.

We offer a Spotlight Sale each month, sometimes we have different host bonuses/offers, we have a range of jewelry that speak to different people ( a few pieces that are silver, some are more "classic", some are more unique and show more of the country of origin) but we also have a selection of scarves, journals, home decor, hand bags, etc. Our focus is helping give women around the world the opportunity to create a sustainable business offering their items in the US market, thereby helping them escape extreme poverty and more. If you look and you're interested in more info, just let me know.
I wish you the very best in finding a new jewelry home. ♥
Amanda

wealthywarriormaid
01-26-2015, 12:22 PM
I second Amanda! You get to sell jewelry while helping empower women around the world out of poverty!

Crissy
01-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Hi Jeanie,
I was with lia Sophia for 8 years when they closed in Dec. I even had to cancel 4 parties! :( Was a major shock! I knew I wanted to stay with jewelry and I knew where I didn't want to go. I followed my up line region leader to Lulu Avenue. They are just 19 months old and owned by fine jewelers Charles and Colvard. We not only have fashion jewelry but also sterling and 14 k gold featuring Moissanite! It is Amazing!!! 67% of the catalog is $50 and under. It is manufactured in the same facilities as Tori Burch and Michael Kors!!! Our designer is Francis Gadbois of Jude Frances Jewelry!!!
Lulu Avenue is listening to us and making changes to help our businesses! They just designed a new 100 piece collection of pieces that us Lia gals are used to. And we have a brand new $149 kit through the end of the month!
The customer special this month is get a 50% off item for every $50 you spend. We just can't take half off sterling or 14k.
My lia customers are so excited for the change and are loving the high end look.
Let me know if you have any questions!

liz.jewels
01-27-2015, 12:12 PM
I'd be happy to chat with you about Silpada Designs jewelry. I've been with the company almost 5 years now and absolutely love it! They are known for their sterling silver jewelry, but added a fashion jewelry line this past summer and now have both available for customers, which makes it appealing to a wider range of ages and price ranges, which is great!

One of the best things about Silpada is that there is no minimum sales required to stay an active rep or maintain your downline. Plus, everything has a lifetime guarantee against defects.

Silpada does offer hostess specials (this month is a bonus $100 in free jewelry on top of the average $300 in free jewelry hostesses typically earn), but does not usually offer customer specials except for a few rare sales per year. For instance, we had some flash sales during the holidays and black friday and then a 40% off sale on certain retiring pieces at year-end. So there's an opportunity for customers to save at certain times, but it's not a given all the time. I like that, because it keeps the best deals for the hostesses.

Again, happy to share information if you want to know more.

apopkin
01-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Crissy,

Lulu Avenue sounds wonderful for Lia Sophia reps. Actually all of these companies do. Also the new Keep Collective company that seems to be making a buzz. I will let all my Lia Sophia friends know of these options.
Good luck in finding the one that's perfect for you Jeanie!

ScentualRoseCa
01-27-2015, 02:54 PM
hello, I would love to share Touchstone Crystal by Swarovski..with you.
after 20 yrs in direct sales jewelry , have been with several of these lines listed above and have real knowledge of the inner workings.. as well as had large teams.. with a well known line.

Always go with your heart, but BE SURE to do your due diligence..
when they fall by the wayside, changed names etc.. there is a huge energy shift that can and does happen.
reach out to people in each company and get different feedback. buy a piece yourself before you jump. .
I can tell you now, I am so thrilled to be with Touchstone.. and their 30 yrs stellar parent company. for all reasons, comp plan, warranty, pay out, marketing and the like. it all rocks..
after lots of money invested, grief of a lost company as well as items that sit on shelves..
just sayin, do your homework.. and then follow your heart!

missyroth
02-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Magnolia and Vine is launching February 16. I don't have a website because of that, but check out the website and fill out the form for more information, plus visit the Facebook page for all the info you need from the notes. I am really looking forward to this snap jewelry company!

https://www.facebook.com/MagnoliaAndVine (this is the company page)

Missy

Nicnivin
02-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Hi ya! I am a little late to your post, and I am truly sorry for anyone that has had to deal with the closing of their business. If you need someone to talk to about KEEP Collective just let me know. I hope that you make a carefully considered decision on your next business. It should be based on your true passion for the product, the values of the company and the quality of the partnership and opportunity.

I wish you the very best!

plunderprincess
03-21-2015, 02:13 PM
I was seriously bummed when Jewel Kade was purchased but the funny thing is that my new company is so much more "me!" I find that things always do happen for a reason and new opportunities present themselves when least expected!

You will find your way :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1