WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Military Wife

whittenbergc
01-17-2015, 10:06 PM
My step daughter is a military wife. Her husband is a Marine. They move around a lot. Who else has military family members? My dad was in the Air Force and his parents were too. My husband and brother were in the Army.

sue311
01-18-2015, 10:44 AM
My husband is a retired army veteran and my nephew is in the army reserve. I loved going on post especially grocery shopping at the PX. Everything is so orderly and clean.

rehouseavet
03-02-2015, 06:58 AM
I've only had one family member that was military (Army) and that was my aunts husband. He passed away many years ago (1978) from cancer while serving but I will never forget him. What a wonderful man he was! :) With him in mind, I have begun reaching out to area agencies (churches/non profits, etc) to work with and help homeless vets get paired up with people so they can earn enough money to rehouse and take care of themselves. I don't feel any veteran should have to beg for food or money or trade in their dignity for charity. Do you? ;)

ashliskeys
04-21-2015, 04:07 PM
My husband is active duty army :) Been in for 12 years now!

*In*2*Win*
05-27-2015, 05:15 PM
My hubby joined the Air Force... 2 months after we were married he got orders for Viet Nam... but as he was sole surviving son (thank goodness) they changed his orders to the Philippines. We lived there for two years
Was hard as I was all of 18 at the time and boy did I miss home and family!

Bonnie

hnickless
05-30-2015, 02:39 PM
We are a major military family. I'm an Air Force Vet and my husband is currently Air Force. On my side, Grandpa- Navy, Mom- Air Force and Army, Dad- Army, Step-dad- Air Force, Older Brother- Army Ranger, Younger brother- soon to be Army and multiple cousins in all branches. My father in law is Air Force.

jrcorbes
08-09-2015, 07:17 AM
we dont have anyone on military in my family, but i think by how you guys share yours, its both cool and tough :)

KM131274
08-15-2015, 10:12 AM
I am prior Air Force and my husband is currently active duty Air Force. My father was in the Navy, my uncle is an Army officer, my cousin joined the Army a couple of days ago, my brother is prior Army, my other brother is a Marine, and both grandfathers served as well. Strong military background in my family but I have been the only female so far. It is definitely a different way of life!

ScoLaura
08-16-2015, 09:10 PM
My grandfather was in the army but he didn't tell me about what he was doing that much...

BrentandMary
08-22-2015, 01:35 AM
Thank you all for your sacrifice and service!

Great military benefits!

Kellyr
08-22-2015, 06:46 PM
I was raised Air Force but My brother, husband and myself went into the Army. My husband now works for the DOA so I have dealt with the military my entire life.

crisaly
09-03-2015, 01:51 PM
hello everyone!
My husband is currently in the Army he has served for 6 years now. 4 out of my 5 brother-in-laws have served in the Military as well as my father in law who retired out of the Air Force and my sister just joined Air Force Reserve. I'm truly blessed to be surrounded by so many courageous and selfless people.

Thank you guys for your service as well :)