WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : how to learn affiliate marketing

adeelghazanfar1
01-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Hi, If I want to learn affiliate marketing , for earning with affiliate marketing, where can I learn it? Can you tell me any good site , which teaches affiliate marketing? I had joined Wealthy Affiliate before, but I did not found it useful. I have found a site that teaches affiliate marketing, the link to the site is, Operation Quick Money System (http://cbpassiveincome.com/)'. Is this a good program for learning affiliate marketing?Thanks

fong47
01-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Is the program free? if so, you can give it a try and see what you get out of it. Affiliate marketing basically selling others people products. As long as you target the right audience, you will make some sell. Good Luck!

txtesez
01-05-2015, 01:11 PM
At one time some ladies here shared with me a totally free step by step affiliate marketing course, hopefully one of them will pipe up again.

Basically, you need a product to promote, using Clickbank or other affiliate places. Check out how and when they pay first and also google reviews just to see how other are fairing with it.

Clickbank is nice because you can actually see if affiliates are actually making sells (see the 'gravity') of that product before you start to promote it. As well, clickbank has Video training that's great. It's the prim and proper way to set up affiliate marketing, although it may take awhile to earn money doing it that way.

Good luck on your ventures and here is to a Great 2015!

freidariviere
01-06-2015, 05:05 PM
I think the best way to learn affiliate marketing is a school or academy, you can learn things online but you will always get problems when you work in field and its hard to learn everything manually.

MQM
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Lots of people try to promote their 'courses' or tools for 'affiliate marketing success.' Most aren't useful, and none are as good as some experience. Here's how I'd go about learning effective affiliate marketing if I had to again. It's hard work, but it works.

Note: This is my first post here so I can't put in links. You can find the resources below by Googling or by replacing [dot] with a dot. Some of the sites I mention are selling things - I'm not recommending any of their products, and I'm not affiliated with any of them.

Understand Key Principles
---------------------------------------
* How to set up a website
Resource: A good beginner's guide is at websitesetup[dot]org. Less attractive, but still has good information, is thesitewizard.com/gettingstarted/startwebsite[dot]shtml

* How search engines work
Resource: moz[dot]com/beginners-guide-to-seo/how-search-engines-operate

* How to find a 'niche'
Resource: Copyblogger gives a good jumping off point at copyblogger[dot]com/niche-keyword-research/

* How to get traffic
Resource: A writer at Forbes published a good list of places to start at forbes[dot]com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/05/13/39-actionable-ideas-for-driving-traffic-to-your-website/

Exercise: Build a ten-page website with useful information and NO AFFILIATE LINKS. Choose a topic you're interested in or have experience with, and don't pay any attention to monetizability. Promote that website for a month, see how much traffic you can drive. Don't focus at all on money, focus only on traffic. Learn from what you do.

Repeat this a few times until you begin to get a feel for what people are looking for, how to drive traffic, and how to rank in search engine results.

Explore Affiliate Programs
--------------------------------------
Look at Clickbank, Amazon, and Commission Junction parties. Learn the terms and payouts along with the resources that each provides. Sign up for each, and selectively add a few affiliate links to your test sites created above. See what happens, learn from the experience - this step isn't about making money, but about familiarity with the programs. Don't go overboard with affiliate links!

Begin Larger Projects
--------------------------------

Using what you've learned in the first two steps, set out on a larger affiliate project actually meant to make some money.

1) Pick a niche - best if it dovetails with your interests; you'll be spending a lot of time here
2) Outline your page topics and products to promote - base your topics and products on keyword research and getting traffic rather than on payout
3) Execute - build a site, first focusing on quality content and traffic and only afterward adding in affiliate links. Build to around 200 pages, then evaluate how it's doing and continue or move on and build another one! With each iteration, you'll learn more.

txtesez
01-10-2015, 09:01 AM
What MQM posted is exactly true and what you need to do. If you need help on these steps you can look into programs that help, but shop wisely and google them to see people's reviews because on some things/programs you might invest in will only give you bits and pieces to the puzzle, while very few out there are really there to hold your hand and answer your questions AND are up to date with all current internet changes to help you fully setup your business and keep it getting traffic.

Bountiful Blessings your way!

Fitnessdad
01-13-2015, 07:06 PM
I see someone that has a picture signature that has the best way to learn affiliate marketing anyone starting out should check out Wealthy Affiliate! Right Textesez ;-) Just my two cents.......

cashplatoon
01-15-2015, 11:10 AM
i agree with MQM, theres this known forum where people sell their "secrets"

i once paid for one of this "secrets" and the secret they told me was about promoting "secrets" through that same forum, that was not cool at all

LGchitown
01-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Beware anything that says "Quick" "Fast"etc...! Affiliate Marketing is a real business, requiring training and knowledge, and finally, experience. I don't know how long ago you were with WA, but I can tell you from years of experience that their site really has the same info you'd have to go find on your own - and at least it's all in one spot. There's no shortcuts to learning the ropes, and then providing great content....

mountainmom5
01-18-2015, 09:00 PM
I so agree with some of the others on here... so many of the so-called guides out there are simply wanting you to then turn around and market THEIR guide with the same hype that just sucked YOU into buying it. There are a few real people out there that will help you learn the ropes so that you can market ANYTHING you want to.

Robin with Pajama Affiliate does an awesome job explaining step by step how to do everything from setting up your site or blog, doing keyword research, finding affiliate programs... and so much more. She is very active on her facebook page, offering guidance and help. We just plum love her on there. :) Her guide is so down to earth without all the hype and hoopla... just good solid training.

khairbabu61
01-19-2015, 12:00 AM
Thanks for your details.

joyisaac
01-21-2015, 04:30 AM
Affiliate Marketing is one of the best way to earn money but at the same time it is a subject where most of the people are being cheated. There are lot of materials on web today to learn Affiliate Marketing without making any payment.

Online Sam
02-17-2015, 04:19 PM
No need for courses. No need to join a site and have products promoted to you. No need to feel lost either - there are PLENTY of case studies online for people making affiliate sites. These normally take the form of blog posts on the blogs of affiliate marketers

You can follow along through their steps and replicate - but don't copy!

It will probably - almost definitely - take you longer to get thru the steps than it took them in the case study, but you will get there.

The comments section to such case study posts is often full of people asking questions at sticking points that are common sticking points. You'll find some good stuff there as well

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1