WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Jewel Kade Sold to Thirty one?

Amherst
12-18-2014, 04:31 PM
I Was thinking to join TO JK but now with this news I won't do it :(
I think it
Will be some time to adjust to the new company so is so sad to see companies owners to let go like that. I knew about LS now I'm hearing about this company.
------------------------
"Thirty-One Gifts is getting big into jewelry. The Columbus-based direct-sales giant has acquired Utah-based artisan jewelry company Jewel Kade with plans to launch its own JK by Thirty-One line this spring. "These are two entrepreneurial companies that were launched in basements by women with the same vision"

Thirty-One Gifts buys jewelry maker Jewel Kade, Peet's Coffee closes Ohio shops, Columbus Blue Jackets fans taking notice of winning streak - Columbus - Columbus Business First (http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/morning_call/2014/12/morning-roundup-thirty-one-gifts-buys-jewelry.html)

udesignit
12-18-2014, 07:00 PM
I am sad to hear about JK as well. I hope you find another company. There are many that are not on these boards.

liz.jewels
12-19-2014, 11:19 AM
It could be good or bad - hard to tell. 31 has been a very successful company, and so their experience could be very helpful to those focused on JK.

I continue to be unclear about how JK fits into 31 - if all 31 reps will now sell JK and vice versa, or if consultants will opt-in to each line.

cabimom
12-19-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm confused too. Jewel Kade was such a different company. I'm wondering how they will deal with those who have joined the Jewel Kade club and what other JK products will be offered- canvases etc. Jewel Kade has such a distinct vintage look, I just don't see them fitting together very well, but that's just my opinion. Didn't Thirty-one also take over Jewell (another bag company) or was Cindy. Monroe already the owner of Jewell and now it will just be a part of the Thirty- one line up?

missyroth
12-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Jewel Kade by 31 will not provide the custom pieces - canvas or charms - that the former Jewel Kade was famous for. I'm not sure what the line will be. There was a preview video that I never saw and they are being very hush-hush about what will be included. I think that isn't finalized.

The jewelry won't be available until March and I've seen varying things. Old JK reps only wanting to sell jewelry, some want to sell both. Same with 31...some want to sell only 31, some are excited about the addition. The 31 reps are saying that this is a trial to make sure it works, but I can't verify truth about that.

I had joined for myself and gifts for family and friends. I won't be continuing on as a 31 rep. Great business for some, just not for me. I hope everyone is happy with their choices and that all goes well, though.

Missy

utopiandream78
12-31-2014, 03:47 PM
it will be interesting to see how and if they blend the lines together. I'm skeptical about it being done well but Thirty One has been such a powerhouse that i think they can totally pull it off!

liz.jewels
01-05-2015, 09:26 AM
If I recall, Jewell was already owned by 31 and they are just folding them into the larger company.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1