WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Facebook Giveaways

accents4you2
11-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi Jewelry ladies,

Just wondering how many of you do giveaway/games on your facebook pages? Which kinds do you find the most "fruitful"?

Thanks

KNicholls
12-01-2014, 11:12 AM
I used to participate in group giveaways where the prize was cash. Those were quite popular. Now that FB has changed their rules so that you cannot require someone to like your page to enter, I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

liz.jewels
12-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Facebook has changed the rules, but people still break them endlessly. I won't run giveaways that way, but it frustrates me that people do and get more exposure for their posts than I do when I play by the rules.

accents4you2
12-01-2014, 12:31 PM
I need to read up on the new rules..you can still do giveaways as long as you don't require a like? Is that right?

liz.jewels
12-01-2014, 01:30 PM
You can't ask people to like a page or share a post to get entries.
You CAN enter them by having them like or comment on a specific post on a page.

Julie St.
01-03-2015, 08:29 AM
I have a blog so any giveaways I participate in are held there. I just my facebook page to promote the giveaway. It's a great way to drive traffic to my site which increases my views and revenues.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1