WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New with Questions :)

Carla Ochrin
11-26-2014, 06:52 AM
Hi Everyone, I am thinking about signing up to sell Avon. But I am a bit worried because I read some bad stories about people spending more than they make... I don't want to get caught up in that as I really don't have any money to begin with. But I do know you have to spend money to make it ;) I just don't want to spend more than I make... Anyways I have two questions.....

Is the shipping cost for all the orders you get for that campaign? Say I get 5 orders in one campaign. Is the shipping cost for each customer order or for all as a whole?

How long does a campaign run for?

Can I run it totally online without needing to deliever it? Is there an option on the site to just use Avon to ship it without me having to delievey it or no?

Also how much is the webpage? I know I read free but I also read it's only free if you make a certain amount for that campaign, otherwise you have to pay. So how much is it?

Thanks for any help :)

*In*2*Win*
11-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi Everyone, I am thinking about signing up to sell Avon. But I am a bit worried because I read some bad stories about people spending more than they make... I don't want to get caught up in that as I really don't have any money to begin with.
We sell great products, you have to learn to not be a "private" shopper and concentrate on gathering customers. The items I purchase for myself, I would buy anyway (eye shadow, mascara, bath products, etc)

But I do know you have to spend money to make it ;) I just don't want to spend more than I make... Anyways I have two questions.....
Then you are off to a great start!

Is the shipping cost for all the orders you get for that campaign? Say I get 5 orders in one campaign. Is the shipping cost for each customer order or for all as a whole?
Its based on how much you sell (dollar amount) so it would be the whole thing

How long does a campaign run for?
two weeks, but the books are actually good for the current campaign and can be backordered for two more campaigns

Can I run it totally online without needing to deliever it? Is there an option on the site to just use Avon to ship it without me having to delievey it or no? You can have your customers order from your website using a CC for direct delivery BUT you will make more money selling directly to your customers. More then half of my customers pick up their orders from me.

Also how much is the webpage? Its now FREE

I know I read free but I also read it's only free if you make a certain amount for that campaign, otherwise you have to pay. So how much is it? FREE

Thanks for any help :)
Your welcome, if I can be of any other help feel from to PM me
Bonnie

Carla Ochrin
11-27-2014, 06:43 AM
Thank you so much Bonnie for all your help. I'm happy to hear that shipping is for the whole order ... i can't imagine someone ordering a tube of lipstick and paying 5.95 for it to be shipped (or whatever the shipping cost is). Also I asked if I could do it online only because right now I don't have the money for extra like booklets n bags etc ... so I thought I could start off online only for a month or two and then do it in person.

I think I need to stop being scared n just do it!! I been wanting to try for a few years...

Thanks again n Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate :)

mountainmom5
11-27-2014, 05:13 PM
I think I need to stop being scared n just do it!! I been wanting to try for a few years...

Yes, Just take a leap of faith and go for it! Many blessings to you!
:)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1