WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Beauty Bars?

AprioriCandy
11-18-2014, 05:10 PM
I would love for everyone who visits this folder to answer a couple of questions for me:

How many of you would go to a Beauty Bar to sample Skin Care Products?

What would you want your experience to be like?

What would you not want to experience?

How would you like to leave the Beauty Bar at the end?

Thank you!
xo Candace

HomeBizHope
11-18-2014, 06:32 PM
How many of you would go to a Beauty Bar to sample Skin Care Products? me ;-)

What would you want your experience to be like? music, snacks, drinks, products laying out for me to try with sample sticks, etc. no pressure, just trying things I wanted to try

What would you not want to experience? no presentations of any length (5 min or less?)

How would you like to leave the Beauty Bar at the end? free to fill out an order form when I'm ready and drop it off with hostess/rep

HTH!

AprioriCandy
11-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Hi, HomeBizHope!

Thank you for your wonderful responses and taking the time to answer!

They are excellent and I will use them when I'm doing a Beauty Bar.

I'm all about no pressure, come on over for some snacks and try the products, yet
I'm not always sure about the order form at the end - now I will have it handy!

Thank you so much!
xo Candace

HomeBizHope
11-19-2014, 10:11 AM
You are welcome!

My only thought now that I look back on this is that I'd probably want to make notes on what I like as I'm trying things, so maybe having a clipboard I can carry around with names/sizes/prices on it would be helpful (or the order form I guess). THEN if/when I decide what to buy I bring it to the rep. That makes more sense! ;)

Lori in NY
:cool:

cabimom
11-19-2014, 11:35 AM
I would definitely attend a Beauty Bar.

I would want the experience to be relaxed, yet informative. There is so much to learn about your product line! And of course be able to sample products and perhaps buy on the spot although I would not expect the consultant to have a ton of inventory so that might not be possible.

I wouldn't care so much about snacks, but maybe have a glass of wine. (lol!)

For the experience I would not want to listen to a long, drawn out presentation but just have the consultant(s) explain the product as you try it.

I would definitely want the opportunity to have my foundation matched! That is the hardest thing to do from a catalog or website!

That's my 2 cents!

AprioriCandy
11-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Hi, Everyone!

@HomeBizHope - I think a product order sheet that a guest could place an order with or
take with them having checked off what they like, and taken notes on (color matches, etc.) would
be ideal, like you have suggested. Thank you!

@CabiMom Wine - YES! I agree there is so much information on what makes our line so great - but I don't ever want to overwhelm anyone, and want to keep it light in the spirit of a fun evening - great advice. Need to strike a balance. Yes, about matching foundation / veil colors and Yes, on short and sweet presentations!

Our Home Office opens up for a Beauty Bar event every other month, and our owners travel around the country to help Consultants do a BB in their location. I'm thinking about doing them on my own in the future, and want it to be easy and successful.

Thank you both so much for your input!!

What do you think of a Virtual Beauty Bar - I send samples to all of the Virtual Guests who call in at a predetermined time to a video conference, and either have them try the samples while I talk through each step, or have them try them before the event, answering questions and placing orders, or discuss during the vidoe conference then have them use after? What do you think?

I've heard of a Consultant who sends a sample with an invitation to a product experience, and their "ticket" to get in the door is the wrapper of the empty sample. Then she has them experience the treatment products in person. What do you think of that? Might save a little time for everyone who is so busy?

I appreciate your comments so much!

Hugs,
Candace

cabimom
11-22-2014, 10:52 AM
I like that idea, at least you know they tried the sample!

As you know, I tried my samples you sent and LOVE them, since I signed up right after that!! :)

I still believe there is a market for the other company that I represented for over a year, but it's just not for me. They are a great company and I have nothing bad to say about them!

I just really loved the immediate results I saw with AB products and love the soft scent!

Thanks for reintroducing me!

Cheryl

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1