WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Stay Healthy, Stay Calm!

AprioriCandy
10-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Hi, Everyone,

Along with being an Executive Director in Apriori Beauty, I am also a Concierge
Nurse in a Children's Hospital. Many parents and health care workers are quite
concerned about the Ebola virus so I thought I would share the latest guidelines
for healthcare workers from the CDC:Tightened Guidance for U.S. Healthcare Workers on Personal Protective Equipment for Ebola | Fact Sheet | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2014/fs1020-ebola-personal-protective-equipment.html?sf32791075=1)

These will help immensely in protecting our health care workers and those around them, and prevent the spread of the virus. Our hospital staff have just completed mandatory PPE training.

With the coming of winter, there are a lot of viruses that will be causing sickness in the next few months. Here are a few basic tips to stay healthy.

For all of us in the general public -
- Wash your hands frequently
- Get plenty of rest each night
- Stay hydrated
- Shower / bathe in warm, not steaming hot, water (which dries your skin)
- Use a good moisturizer to prevent dry skin
- Use a humidifier in your bedroom at night if you have a heater running
- When you are out and about, wear a large scarf so that if someone around you is coughing, you can warp it around your nose until you can come to fresh air.
- Please stay home if you have a fever.
- Have some Chicken Soup- it's wonderful! - Antiinflammatory, and helps clear mucous.

What would you add?
I wish you all a healthy, beautiful winter!
XO Candace

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1