WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Lisajean
10-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Hello Silpada ladies! I am considering joining your sisterhood. I would love to hear from other reps.

Why did you join Silpada?
How long have you been with Silpada?
Did you move up in rank?
Have you found most women are willing to have parties?
How hard is it to maintain $2,300 in sales every month? I know this is roughly the amount if you are a higher rank.

Thanks for the help. I wish you all success!

Lisajean

liz.jewels
10-02-2014, 05:35 AM
If you are considering joining, there has never been a better time to do it. The incentive for new reps runs through the end of this month, so you'll want to make sure you plan your kick off party right away. I have a graphic that depicts what the financials and free jewelry look like after your first party under the new incentive. If you'd like to see it, please let me know. The graphic is too large to post it here on the forum.

1) When I initially signed up with Silpada, it was because I fell in love with the jewelry. However, I have always loved direct sales. I tried another company in the past, but it didn't work out for me. The quarterly minimum kept me investing too much in inventory that I had difficulty selling later. Plus, I was never comfortable with the formal presentations. Since Silpada had no minimums and no formal presentations, plus I love the product… It was a no-brainer!

2) I joined four years ago, in 2010.

3) I have promoted, but the levels have been changed since I started. Right now, I'm working towards star leader. I've recruited enough women over time, but most of them are casual reps and do not work their business consistently. That's fine with me – it's their business. However, it means that my team hasn't generated enough volume all at the same time for me to promote. Working on that this fall!

4) It is not hard to book parties with women. It benefits them, because they get free jewelry and time with their friends. That being said, not everyone will want to host a party. Out of 10 people you ask, maybe three will want to have a party. The key is to keep asking, and keep expanding your circle. The best place to book parties is at a party, and the training that Silpada has really helps you learn how to book parties both at your parties, as well as out and about or on the phone.

5) Before I answer your question about generating volume, I want to be clear about what the minimums are at different points along the way. First of all, you never need to generate any volume in order to maintain your downline. In order to get paid something on the sales of your downline, you need to sell about $600 per month. That's typically less than what is generated from a single party. Now, to your question – once you to promote to the higher levels, star leader, silver manager, etc., you have typically build up enough customer base that generating the personal sales needed to get paid at your rank is not a challenge. We're talking about an average of 1 party per week at the star leader level and above, maybe less if any of them meet or exceed Silpada's $1000 average in party sales. I actually exceeded the $2300 retail minimum this month with only three parties.

Let me know what other questions I can answer! I hope you have also picked the brain of your sponsor on this front as well!