WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Black or cream?

accents4you2
09-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Do you all like displaying your jewelry on black velvet, cream velvet, burlap or another color?

athomewithamber
09-13-2014, 05:37 PM
My kit came with a few burlap display pieces. I really like them but also personally purchased some black velvet display pieces. I wanted to display my silver pieces on them so they would really stand out. I have had great feedback on my displays so I think the mixture is working great!

accents4you2
09-14-2014, 11:06 AM
With the right accessories....mixing would look great! And with all the compliments, you must be doing it right! Not that there is a right and wrong way..lol. All the best in your new business. :)

liz.jewels
09-15-2014, 03:46 AM
I've used both.

My jewelry is mostly silver and it actually looks great on burlap. Black gets very lint-filled. I would change my display over if the burlap display pieces weren't so much more expensive!

bop0p
10-03-2014, 07:12 AM
I use fake leather, like a matte version. Seems to work well with most everything.

manchesters24h
10-04-2014, 12:33 AM
can you say silver black and silver white neckless.

HippieMama
10-05-2014, 10:28 AM
I am waiting for my display pieces to be delivered. I ordered them from my company because they have our company name on them. They are a lighter color. The pictures I have seen look wonderful.

I am getting thing ready for my first larger event (women's shopping expo). I'm currently debating what color table coverings to use. I think I am going to use black with perhaps a few accent pieces with color. I think that will look good with my lighter colored display pieces.

utopiandream78
10-06-2014, 04:37 AM
I'm not a fan of the current burlap trend so I havent even considered using it for display. I have mostly black velvet now but I want to add in some more white leatherette to mix things up and because they look classier. :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1