WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

shandagiscelle
09-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Hi, I'm not trying to violate any rules, I don't see this company. I did just joined and I think it's going to take off as well. Free kit only pay shipping, I will not post links here as I'm with another company as well. Please pm me or let me know how we can start a thread. Thank you!

Stephanie Lintz
09-13-2014, 06:06 PM
I am and I adore them! I can't wait until Immerse comes out, too!

I can't believe my luck in finding them.

After I decided to pick up my kit, I found out they're located 30 min away from me. It feels good to support a local business, too, but that's just another bonus.

lorah
09-14-2014, 04:04 AM
Just curious. What drew you to this company as opposed to one of the top two? Did you research essential oils before jumping in? How they are farmed? How they are distilled? Like I said, just curious because it seems there have been several EO companies pop up lately.

samie
09-14-2014, 02:34 PM
I have never heard of this company. I look forward to visiting their site.

Good questions lorah.

Seabead
09-15-2014, 07:58 PM
I think it's great that essential oils are booming and people are realizing there's a better way.

My young adult daughter was just saying yesterday how different it is now, than when she was growing up with oils.

Now, her friends have a general acceptance of their use, whereas when she was younger, she felt odd if her friends were around when I was diffusing, or used them on her. Sure beats being thought of as the local cray-cray crone blending up her potions, lol.

Choice is good. Each company will have different things that appeal to individuals, but I think there's room for all of us.

Deb

jandamom
09-17-2014, 10:49 AM
I agree with Deb. I think the wonderful thing is that essential oils have gone mainstream. More and more people are interested in integrating holistic methods into their lives and families!

I have been using essential oils for quite some time. I would google recipes for various things and followed several EE oil blogs. It was not until a few months ago that I decided to become serious and start studying for my aromatherapy certification so I could learn how to make my own blends. And also understand how/why different oils work.

I was used to getting my oils from non-DS companies like Mountain Rose and Native American Nutritionals. When I decided to start my own DS oil business, I did a lot of research on quality and chose my current company. goDesana was the best fit for me. But one size (or two sizes) does not fit all. Different things appeal to different people. There is plenty of room within this industry for us all!:)

Stephanie Lintz
09-17-2014, 09:17 PM
My decision to join wasn't well thought out at all-I just lucked into.

I've been hearing about oils for years (in the past I only used them when making my own cleaning products....sigh, all those wasted years) and I knew mostly Young Living reps. 2 are very good friends of mine. They always mentioned the starter kit, but as we were on a strict budget I never got around to getting it.

Just over a month ago I stumbled upon Simply Aroma's free kit offer and snatched it up. I figured my YL friends would never find out. :rolleyes: While I was waiting for my kit I went ahead and joined my sponsor's FB group and loved the way the team operated. I was very impressed. Then I started thinking about how if I'd stay I would be in at the ground level and this was an amazing opportunity, business wise. It was a bonus to me when I discovered they were less than 30 minutes from my house-nice to support local businesses!

So I did go in "blind" but have learned a lot in the last month and have 15 on my team! All our oils are 1st Distill and high quality so I feel confident in selling them. The folks there are as sweet as can be.

My YL friends handled my decision gracefully and I was relieved by that since they're so devoted to Young, which I completely understand. I'd say there is room for more EO companies because so many hardly know anything about them! We're not even close to being saturated.

samie
09-18-2014, 04:04 AM
I didn't realize just how many essential oil companies were out there! It's nice to see the growing interest happening. I think people would agree that having a choice is always good, but I also agree that it's good to know about the production steps involved in a company's EO's (such as lorah has mentioned).

As a customer, the thing that has bothered me with some EO companies is how they place so much effort into creating such a pure, safe, beautiful EO... and then they add it into their other products that have questionable ingredients. It just doesn't do the EO justice. So I'm really glad to see that some EO companies are now making their products more natural.

lorah
09-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Exactly. It makes a huge difference in the quality of the oil if it is grown and harvested in it's indigenous area or if they are farmed. It makes a difference in quality when it is distilled improperly. There are so many variables and if the quality is not good or just mediocre then the consumer isn't going to get the results they expect and that isn't good for any company.

jandamom
09-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Lorah and Samie:

You are both right. It is extremely important to understand that all essential oils are not created equally and there can be a wide range of quality. For example there are independent groups who fund 3rd party testing of essential oils and distribute their findings. One- a peppermint challenge- tested 13 different brands of peppermint oil. Only 3 of the 13 were found in compliance. Previously the same group had done testing with tea tree.

For me, in terms of quality, it came down to NYR or goDesana. I chose goDesana because its main focus was on the oils.

Stephanie Lintz
09-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Some companies do have a wide range of products! Right now we have our oils, fractionated coconut oil, and a diffuser. Keeping the simple in Simply. We're new, though.

In a week we're coming out with a new carrier for the face that we're all very excited about. But even that I wouldn't consider an extra add on. It's strictly a carrier, but they made it easy to add essential oils to the bottle to create your own, special blend.

Oilsbycrystal
02-27-2015, 07:35 PM
I just joined recently! I've been using essential oils now for 14 years! I saw the
free kit offer and couldn't resist! I figured worst case scenario I would be
out the $20 for shipping. Best decision I ever made!

eightthirty
03-19-2015, 03:48 PM
I just joined during the most recent free enrollment. I've only dabbled in essential oils, but I've been learning a lot about them from a friend who shares posts on social media and sells YL. I'm really excited to be a part of this company. I haven't had a chance to dig into my kit yet because I've been doing more research, but this weekend it's on!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1