WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Can there be more than one?

lilyanrose
09-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Okay, I have to tell you all that I am overwhelmed with the choices out there and love the jewelry and price points for several companies. Is it possible to sell for more than one, and if so, does anyone do that?

Have you ever done parties offering more than one product line?

Do you have an online store you created yourself with more than one line?

Also, can someone help me break down which companies allow online sales and can you create a site independently, or have to use the sites they create? I'm really in info overload here!

Thanks!

HomeBizHope
09-09-2014, 05:00 PM
I believe most companies have a rule that you cannot sell for a different company that sells the same items. You could probably join two but only *promote* one company, and just buy at the wholesale rate with the other. (Of course this could get messy with someone asking if you are wearing jewelry from the company you are promoting, and it's not!) :-D

I don't believe anyone has formulated a spreadsheet with a jewelry company comparison, but you could try mining the previous posts in the jewelry forum to get info or just look online of course. Some of the companies are more secretive about this stuff but most of them are pretty up front with costs, website fees, commissions, etc. Just be careful to see what they allow if you want to sell online or in stores.

HTH from a fellow jewelry lover,

Lori in NY
;-)

KNicholls
09-11-2014, 06:55 AM
I agree that most companies don't allow you to sell for a competing company. With our company, you cannot join another company that sells the same products we carry. It just makes sense. I haven't done a comparison like you are asking for so can't share that. Start up costs are pretty easy to find. I would find something you love and go with that. Interview potential sponsors and be sure you have a good fit to support your new business.

Good luck in your search! I'm happy to share anything you'd like to know about our company.

athomewithamber
09-11-2014, 08:39 PM
I think a company would frown upon you working/promoting two businesses with similar products. Honestly, I would find 1 company to start that you like. Then focus your attention on it fully. I haven't done a comparison either but I am sure as you look through the threads you would find information where you would be able to do your own comparison.

I wish you much luck with your venture. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about our company too :)

HippieMama
09-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Most direct selling companies have a restriction on selling competing items. I agree with the poster above, pick one line and start there. Do your research and find a company that offers the compensation and other incentives that you like the most.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1