WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Paul3tt
09-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Just checking around. Does anyone know if there is more work in the U.S. market with Appen or LionBridge? I ask, because a friend worked for Appen, but said it has slowed down dramatically to almost no work for her in the last several months for both crowdsourcing and web evaluator. Is this the case in your experience? How about LionBridge? Is there a similar issue with that company as well?

I'm looking to move out of transcribing and thought I'd give something like that a try, but thought I'd ask around first. Any other feedback on other companies would be great too.

Redleg95
09-08-2014, 05:28 PM
i've been doing appen crowdsourcing since february and i can confirm these last few months have been brutal. ever since Cortana came out for Windows phones, it seems like there is barely anything to do and what little there is has few hits.

i've pretty been much doing mTurk the last month

Paul3tt
09-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks, okay so confirming what I heard about Appen. How is MTurk? And what the heck is Cortana? A crowdsourcing app or some such thing?

Redleg95
09-09-2014, 08:51 AM
mturk has been ok, you just have to build your hit total up and you start getting more(better) hits to do.

cortana is the "personal assistant" on windows phones and she is the AI character in the Halo video game series on xbox.

she has the same function as siri on apple's iphone.

Paul3tt
09-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Okay, thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1