WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Feedback on jewelry

liz.jewels
08-01-2014, 07:59 AM
So, I just got the largest of my three shipments of jewelry (#3 shipment is yet to come). I am wearing 4 new pieces of jewelry and they are making me so happy!

Here are some thoughts I wanted to share. If you have any feedback on pieces that delighted you on the upside when you received them, please share!

Harvest necklace - this is a super long necklace that uses small beads and looks beautiful in the catalog, but nothing all that special. OMG. In person, it has so much texture and sparkle. It honestly made me smile just putting it on. I showed it to my 8 year old (budding geologist) and he was amazed. He said, "Mom, how many different kinds of stones did they use to make this?!" Love that kid. So, absolutely get this one if only to see it in person. It will absolutely delight you.

Leather together necklace - this is a statement piece I thought I would wear only rarely, but I was excited to find that the pendant can be removed! That means it makes a great long layering piece to put with shorter K&R pieces or two-toned Silpada pieces. I'm going to get way more mileage out of this than I thought. This ALSO means that the pendant could be put on a shorter necklace. Haven't played with that yet, but I will!

Ode to Geode necklace - beautiful in the catalog AND in person, but my favorite part is that it can be doubled and wrapped around my neck to make a stunning short necklace. This may be my favorite way to wear it. Plus, the agate has lots of purple texture and color so it's great to layer with older/retired purple pieces I still have.

I'm going to keep playing with my new additions, but if you have any feedback to share on unique ways to use pieces, or even just something that was way better in person than you expected, please share!