WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

falsepositive
07-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and found a lot of helpful info. I recently have applied with appen and lionbridge for a web search evaluator position. one of the sites asked me if i had ever worked for leapforce and also even had a part in the email that said if you worked for leapforce we cant accept you. so i told them in the app that i had applied for leapforce in the past but never worked for them. so basically i have taken a test for appen and am waiting for the results and then im waiting to take a coming up test for lionbridge. people say they check ip's and email addresses. unfortunatly i did use the same email for both sites. hopefully im not really on file with anyone yet to cross check me because its the early stages of the employment. what do you guys think about working both of them at the same time? does anyone know if these people run the same contracts or anything like that? anyone currently working for either of them that likes it? im hoping i could do each for 20ish hours a week to get me at 40. should i reapply at one with a new email in case they check it somewhere down the line in the middle of the project and fire for it? ill stop rambling.

thanks in advance for responses!

Wendy-jones1
07-18-2014, 06:12 AM
I passed the test with ABH but no work in my area. The email did say if I currently or have ever worked as an evaluator to disregard the offer of crowdsourcing. If ABH and Lionbridge use the same platform for rating you'll get caught trying to register on the same platform twice based on your email. I'm not sure about the ip check.

falsepositive
07-18-2014, 05:52 PM
I passed the test with ABH but no work in my area. The email did say if I currently or have ever worked as an evaluator to disregard the offer of crowdsourcing. If ABH and Lionbridge use the same platform for rating you'll get caught trying to register on the same platform twice based on your email. I'm not sure about the ip check.

Ok thanks for the information. I know i could pull off both as far as having time for them and being able to perform the job on a daily basis. We shall see what they say.

Is the test for lionbridge more difficult than appen even though appen pays more? It seems that way so far.

Kelbell
07-19-2014, 01:06 PM
You can't work for both. I applied with Appen and iSoftstone and after getting set up with Appen, they emailed me a few days later saying I couldn't work for them because I had worked with a different company. I actually just applied, never worked..so I guess they do check up on emails. I used the same email too. If you use a different email, it may work, but it would def be violating their terms. HTH!!

falsepositive
07-20-2014, 10:00 PM
You can't work for both. I applied with Appen and iSoftstone and after getting set up with Appen, they emailed me a few days later saying I couldn't work for them because I had worked with a different company. I actually just applied, never worked..so I guess they do check up on emails. I used the same email too. If you use a different email, it may work, but it would def be violating their terms. HTH!!

Thanks for the info. Question though: When you said you got setup with Appen does that mean you passed training and started actually working on the project when they said that? Also did you just apply with isoftstone or actually take the exam and all that?

Kelbell
07-21-2014, 11:49 AM
For Appen it was the crowdsourcing gig, and no I did not get a change to actually start working yet.. iSoft I was in the process of training.. but their system is so screwy and unorganized, I couldn't finish training and gave up... so wanted to go with Appen.. but they said it was a no go because of iSoftstone. I explained that I never worked for isoft, and that I was trying to train.. but couldn't.. Appen didn't care about any of that :D said thanks, but no thanks.. I guess I could try to apply again with a different email.. I dunno!!

So in a nutshell, I applied with both.. got the testing from isoft first.. tried to do it but couldn't.. then got an email from Appen to start training.. just when I was about to start training.. got an email from Appen that said.. Oh wait, we overlooked that you've worked for isoft before..sorry, you can't train/test.

falsepositive
07-21-2014, 07:00 PM
For Appen it was the crowdsourcing gig, and no I did not get a change to actually start working yet.. iSoft I was in the process of training.. but their system is so screwy and unorganized, I couldn't finish training and gave up... so wanted to go with Appen.. but they said it was a no go because of iSoftstone. I explained that I never worked for isoft, and that I was trying to train.. but couldn't.. Appen didn't care about any of that :D said thanks, but no thanks.. I guess I could try to apply again with a different email.. I dunno!!

So in a nutshell, I applied with both.. got the testing from isoft first.. tried to do it but couldn't.. then got an email from Appen to start training.. just when I was about to start training.. got an email from Appen that said.. Oh wait, we overlooked that you've worked for isoft before..sorry, you can't train/test.

Oh darn sorry about that. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Im starting to see how some of these companies can be about this type of stuff, so I just want to know all the info before hand. I'll have to be careful. Thanks again.

grneyelady55
07-30-2014, 09:42 PM
The impression I am getting from this thread is that Appen really doesn't want you working for anyone else. Or even researching your other options before you start with them. Am I correct in that?

Sherry

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1