WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

YDSR
07-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Hey all.. im fairly new to this forum.. and i just wanted to address something.. All too often on this forum and others - i see lost, hopeless struggling questionable marketers, just looking for answers.. hopping from program to program wishing for that magic "powder" to sprinkle down and make them rich.. well.. the truth is - its not going to happen.. In this business, you have to TREAT it like a business.. ya know what? i'll tell ya now.. If you treat it like a business, you'll get paid like a business. You treat it like a hobby? well.. you'lre going to get half *** "hobby" results!

You need to find your niche, find what YOU like to do. Do you like to blog? are you a good writer? (Im certainly not!) Are you good at sales? Do you like to sell things? Do you like to recruit? are you good at recruiting? whatever it is YOU are good at, stick with it.Run with it. Stop hopping from program to program wasting your money that you could be investing in your BUSINESS. There are TONS of opportunities out there, each with their own pros and cons.. Do your research.

I've found mine, and that's one thing im certain of! I found an opportunity that fits my lifestyle, my personality.. allows me to spend every day with my family and do the things WE want and love to do. I wouldn't be in the position I am in my program if I hadn't done my research.

With that being said - enjoy life, take a breath, focus on your WHY. WHY do you want to do this.. WHY do you want a better life? WHY do you want financial freedom? Whatever it is, figure it out! Peace!

trueaffiliates
09-17-2014, 03:11 AM
Thanks to share this great work.
can you explain what type of work and who offer this?
What type of Business flow ?
This will help me to analyze about this business and invest my time and money. Thank you

greatar4
09-18-2014, 01:46 PM
I pretty much agree with everything that you say in your post. The key to success is to choose a niche that you are comfortable at, something that you have some knowledge about, and then focus on that particular niche so that results can be brought forth. Affiliate marketing is not an easy undertaking, but with dedication and persistence, you will get there. The great thing about that is once you reach a position in which you can make money; it is all worth the sacrifices that you had made.

amzante
09-24-2014, 01:12 PM
I have recently joined WAHM and appreciate having a place to learn from others and share what I have experienced past and future..... in my Internet Marketing Niche. Affiliate marketing has so many components and angles of operating. I have learned a lot in my first month and the most important thing I've learned is to be sure of your "Why" and that you don't have to go it alone. There are other people who are more experienced in this field who are willing to help and guide a new person along, if that person has dedication and commitment and a strong desire to learn in this business. Do some research and find someone (a mentor) who is successful at affiliate marketing and follow their lead. I look forward to learning and sharing in this forum.

eyeopening
09-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Agreed! Passion for what you do is important. My passion is helping people stay healthy. That's what keeps me going. :-)

Crabtree Tina
09-28-2014, 05:26 AM
Hey all.. im fairly new to this forum.. and i just wanted to address something.. All too often on this forum and others - i see lost, hopeless struggling questionable marketers, just looking for answers.. hopping from program to program wishing for that magic "powder" to sprinkle down and make them rich.. well.. the truth is - its not going to happen.. In this business, you have to TREAT it like a business.. ya know what? i'll tell ya now.. If you treat it like a business, you'll get paid like a business. You treat it like a hobby? well.. you'lre going to get half *** "hobby" results!

You need to find your niche, find what YOU like to do. Do you like to blog? are you a good writer? (Im certainly not!) Are you good at sales? Do you like to sell things? Do you like to recruit? are you good at recruiting? whatever it is YOU are good at, stick with it.Run with it. Stop hopping from program to program wasting your money that you could be investing in your BUSINESS. There are TONS of opportunities out there, each with their own pros and cons.. Do your research.

I've found mine, and that's one thing im certain of! I found an opportunity that fits my lifestyle, my personality.. allows me to spend every day with my family and do the things WE want and love to do. I wouldn't be in the position I am in my program if I hadn't done my research.

With that being said - enjoy life, take a breath, focus on your WHY. WHY do you want to do this.. WHY do you want a better life? WHY do you want financial freedom? Whatever it is, figure it out! Peace!
Thanks so much.

BBKS
10-10-2014, 05:44 PM
This is a good article most people get into affiliate program and think you are going to get rich without doing any work. Finding your passion is what will help you to become successful in affiliate programs, because if you don't like what you are doing then you will lose interest in it. Making income online, work has to be done.

Topsarg
10-14-2014, 07:33 PM
I agree, The key is to find what you really want to do. What you are truly interested in, then do it. As long as I can remember, I loved sports. I love Fitness. So I work my internet business around those niches.

mountainmom5
11-27-2014, 06:38 AM
So true... and so many times the reason people are lost and struggling when it comes to making money at home is because it's all so overwhelming. I know cause I was there too at one point.

I have personally found that it's almost easier for someone to make some extra money with a traditional network marketing business if they are motivated enough to stick with it, and if they have a drive to succeed with it.

I personally don't have time to teach someone all the ins and outs of affiliate marketing or how to make money with Ebay, Amazon or many of the ways I have come across on the internet in the past few years. I have dabbled in so many of them - made money with a few and won't touch some of them with a ten foot pole again! haha...

It's all out there - all you need is the hours to do some research and then you need to add some trial and error to the mix and the ability to fail forward, till you find what fits you. :)

In the meantime you can always join a network marketing company where the training is all included with the package and create some money that way too. Most of them have great training and marketing tools that you can get plugged into that will help you, but you still need to take control of is as your VERY OWN business and treat it as such.

Sorry for rambling... just wanted to add to the original post a bit...

zbrandia
12-18-2014, 02:30 PM
I think passion is great but I'm not so sure if it is necessary in all endeavors. For example, there is one man who sells wedding linen on his eCommerce site. In his blog, he states he has no passion whatsoever for wedding linen. However his site (according to him) is grossing one hundred thousand a year. He did a keyword search to find a product to sell, installed OpenCart and the rest is history

I definitely think passion, drive and motivation is needed to start in affiliate marketing or any business for that matter but passion is definitely not a deciding factor on whether are not your business will be successful.

What determines if you business is going to be successful is demand and how much you are willing to put into your business to fulfill that demand. If you can find an affiliate marketing program that caters to your passion, that's definitely a plus.

msuggitt
01-02-2015, 10:22 AM
I agree with most of what the OP says as those on this forum know that I have been preaching for years about each of us following our own hearts and desires and finding ways to capitalize off our own unique talents and skills (regardless of whether you're working on or offline)

That said, there's never been a big crowd in that sector, no matter where I go or live. I think there will always be people who tend to gravitate towards others success in programs or where the money is (online one good example is the number of times we are asked about the highest paying fields/jobs - offline I know tons of people who work at local prisons for the money yet hate their jobs)

and I think there will always be people who start and never finish jobs/projects/or programs. I think that's in part because most people aren't Entrepreneurs or have Entrepreneur spirit. Others love the digging in and learning part but not so much the routine. So instead of trying to convert people into your program or way of thinking - I find it easier to seek out those with like mind to work with.

God bless our individuality and America for encouraging it. :)

ginene
01-06-2015, 01:27 PM
I like to give advice on relationships and love to research things.

SouthBeachCosmeticsSalon
02-17-2015, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone,

We were looking for a way to monetize our social media pages for our new website and something that fit our niche of beauty and cosmetics. We found a company that sells a keratin hair straightening product line that offered affiliate sales of there products with no fees to start which was great because we wanted to focus our financial investments on growing our site and brand.

I am not sure what is allowed in term of referencing companies on this forum so I would talk details via private messages just to make sure the rules are being followed. We also found some interested and helpful marketing tools and techniques during our efforts to get thing going that I would be happy to share.

Social media marketing chances so rapidly that its crucial to network with others aiming for the same goals to save time and energy.

SBCS

Online Sam
02-19-2015, 05:05 AM
What a great original post.

Yes, concurr, find your interests and plough away there - its a far more enjoyable slog! And it is a slog!

Keep it commercial gang... My worst niche - tattoos! I like them but no good as an online niche.:confused:

Rhoadie
03-22-2015, 04:35 AM
Great post. I have recently found that I have to "find my lane (niche) and stay in it". Though I have an online store I have found that having an accompanying blog, where I actually blog about things relating to my business and/or products will probably be one of my most successful routes. It will give my products more exposure and allow me to develop a relationship with my target market.

Online Sam
03-25-2015, 02:00 AM
Yes, there is plenty of opportunity out there, both online and off.

The journey can be long, and mistakes are to be made along the way. It's how you grow and prosper. Don't be afraid of them, if you can recover from them with a little bit of damaged pride and a couple of bucks down the drain - it ain't the end of the world.

My first Niche site was on Justin Bieber. LOL, maybe i'll tell the story of that one day - but the take home message is doing what you like is fine, but the less commercial intent in the niche the further the distance is until you'll find dollars rolling in.

You can likely make money from anything, but writing about lawn care (if you are passionate about that - good luck to you :D) would be a further distance from a few $'s than would be a site on guitars.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1