WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Online Courses for Medical Coding

grneyelady55
07-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Hi all,
I recently decided after seven years to return to working at home. In the past I did transcription. I have noticed the opportunities have increased tremendously in various fields. I am very interested in learning Medical Billing and Coding. I was wondering if there are any accredited courses for Medical Billing and Coding online that I could check into?.
Thank you for any information or advice anyone can give me. :D

Teresita
07-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Yes, I also am wondering about the best online schools for medical coding and billing and those that offer financial aid. Also, is it a viable career choice? Is the field saturated? How hard is it to get a job working from home right after graduating from an online course? I have heard that it is next to impossible to obtain a job working in-house, much less working at home, that one has to have 2-3 years' experience. Yet I constantly see postings for remote coders. I have done medical transcription in the past and love medical terminology/medical records, so I thought this would be a good fit, but I don't want to invest time for training and then not be able to obtain a decent job within a reasonable time after graduation. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1