WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I'm new to all of this!

MrsFarrow
07-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this whole work at home thing, but right now I'm on bed rest while pregnant, and I'm really trying to focus my efforts on establishing a few things now so maybe I won't have to go back to work after she's born!

I can dream, can't I?

The real issue is we have 0 friends. Really. We have acquaintances, we have work associates, but no one close enough that I could have throw a party or meeting or anything.

So with that in mind, what is the best way for me to get started? I know of a few companies, and I know I need to find what works best for me, but my real issue is finding others.

Any tips?

Thanks all :)

floridalady
07-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome to this forum. You found the best forum on the Internet for work at home jobs and businesses. You no longer need a group of friends to do a network marketing business or any business. You can market your product or service on the Internet. Research the
company before you join to make sure they have training and Internet marketing tools.
The network marketing company I joined has corporate training and you will receive
web pages, lead capture pages , marketing funnels, auto responder campaigns, email
broadcasts and many other Internet marketing tools. We also have two team calls a week with additional training. A network marketing business if perfect for you because you can
work at home and you can make unlimited income. I wish you success and I hope you make a lot of money in whatever business or job you decide to do.

danasurvey
07-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Finding your niche and building a blog or a website is often a good way to start. You can then promote that blog/site and get traffic to it. There are many ways to monetize a blog or website as well.

mountainmom5
07-06-2014, 07:45 PM
I know what you are talking about as when I joined Natures Pearl we were brand spanking new to our area so throwing a party was useless. I use facebook mostly to build a customer base as it's in health and wellness so it's fairly easy to share info that way - unlike some products that vary so much that you almost have to be at a party to see it in person.

That being said, we have now after about 2 years built some relationships to the point that I might throw a few parties this fall.,. we shall see!

Forums like this are a great way to meet people that are actually looking for stuff like that but I am thinking if you stay in a niche where you can provide a solution to a problem, you can share with others regardless if you know them or not. Our biggest tool has been the fact that the product took away my hubby's severe back pain after only three days and I no longer have to deal with fibromyalgia issues and you would be amazed at how many people deal with just those issues all around us and how many are LOOKING for answers as there are no medical answers for stuff like fibro, lymes, severe pain, etc... other than drugs with nasty side effects.

If you have a product that will change someone's life, you have an automatic doorway into a whole bunch of other lives that you don't even know... it's called 'network marketing' for a reason. :)

Cheers in your research and also health and blessings on your baby and family!

YDSR
07-14-2014, 10:52 PM
To be honest.. the best way to start.. would be to find your niche.. find what interests you..is it blogging? are you a good writer? Do you like to sell? Maybe recruit referrals? What is it your good at? There's TONS of opportunities in this industry that have their pros and cons.. just do your research and find what works best for you!
I fell in love with what I do.. It fits my lifestyle, my personality, and i took what I did OFFLINE to a WHOLE new level- but I would have NEVER found it without doing my research.. so with that, good luck! Feel free to message me if you need any help deciding a path that you see your self going down with most success!

Catherine L
08-18-2014, 05:56 AM
You've come to a great place to get started.

I'd suggest having a root around the different forums and decide on an area of interest, then learn all you can by further reading, here and elsewhere, and asking questions.

QueenMaa
08-25-2014, 07:41 PM
You might also want to learn about internet marketing if you plan on marketing online. You will have to do this no matter what niche that you choose. Find out about what internet marketing is about and how to utilize it for your business.

Social media is a great way to attain potential customers. You may want to set up some social media accounts. You may also want to start reading blogs because they are very helpful in getting started.

Good luck!

zbrandia
08-26-2014, 11:17 AM
There are so many different opportunities out there. I took a different route. I actually am going the SaaS (software as a service) route. I have an ecommerce site as well. I had to try many different things before I found something that has worked.

Ecommerce is the easiest to get started and can cost very little money to get started. You can use opencart which is free, find a reputable dropshipper and there you go. If you find the right nich in ecommerce you can make a lot of money.

Robinjs
08-29-2014, 06:31 AM
By now, you must have a beautiful little boy or girl with you!
You will get a lot of ideas from going through this forum and others like this to see what has worked for other people.
Are you good a writing? Do you have experiences or expertise that others would be interested in? Would starting your own blog be a way to go? There are various ways to monetize a blog once you get a following going.
Affiliate marketing is another thing that I've found to be good - you don't have to deal with shipping, refunds and all that stuff. Find a niche you are passionate about, build a website in which you provide
answers to common problems people have in that niche, find some affiliate products which you can review and promote and you are off to a good start. It does take a while to get going, but once you do, it is quite satisfying. Besides the fact that, as a mother, it is something you can work on whenever and wherever.
Hope this helps!

Robinjs
08-29-2014, 06:42 AM
Hi,

Reading through forums like this one is a great way to get ideas and see what has worked for others.

As far as specific ideas - do you like to write? Is there anything that you have experience with or expertise that you would like to share with others? Starting a blog is one way to go. There are various ways to monetize it once you have a following.

Or what about affiliate marketing? I like it because you get a commission on products without the hassle of storing them, shipping them, refunds, etc. If there is a niche you are passionate about, you could create a website where you help people by connecting them to products they need (affiliate marketing part) and solve problems they have (creating content to drive traffic to you site part.) It take a while to get going, but is satisfying when you do. And it is great for people who have a flexible schedule as you are the one setting your goals for each day.

Hope this helps!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1