WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Beth Guerra
07-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I had a jewelry show scheduled with a hostess and I had an emergency and couldn't make it. Hostess decided to go ahead and let her guest come. She ended up showing catalogs of the jewelry and sold almost $1,000 worth. Husband told her she should get all profits from the sales. Of course I didn't do the show, so maybe she should get a percentage. I make about 50% of my sales. What do you all think?

lani7
07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I would think of course not, she should not get all profit since she is not
A consultant. You could try to
Recruit her and make that her launch party, otherwise,
Maybe give her 10% or even 15%. You still have to be the one
Who process it. Explain to her even in catalog orders without
Presence of the consultant she would just get the hostess
But of course explain this in a very nice way and
congratulate her.

Beth Guerra
07-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Thank you lani7 for your input. That's kind of what I was thinking. Or at least something along those lines.

lani7
07-01-2014, 11:18 PM
You welcome Beth! :)

accents4you2
07-01-2014, 11:28 PM
My first thought is no way. You did all the pre-work and will be processing the show and any follow up needed. Her efforts will get her some great hostess benefits. Maybe an extra gift of appreciation ..I would do that. If she insists on it all, I would try and sign her up. She may be hinting around because she's interested in the opportunity...A lot of catalog show hostesses do what she did...you don't want to set a precedent. All the best. Let us know what happens.

accents4you2
07-01-2014, 11:33 PM
You're already using some of that 50% profit for hostess benefits aren't you?

liz.jewels
07-02-2014, 02:25 AM
You will be taxed on those profits - she won't. You have a contract allowing you to buy at wholesale - she doesn't.

I would be upbeat and show her what she would make if you signed her up and this was her launch party. Then offer her an alternative, that being hostess rewards plus maybe a discount on additional items.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1