WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Still Struggling

KayDub
06-28-2014, 11:06 AM
It's been just a few days over a month since I joined, and I'm still struggling. I haven't even made back my $99 investment yet. I had 6-7 parties, all flops. Only a few with a few sales. Now word has gotten out, and no one will host. :( I post on facebook, instagram, twitter, etc all day long. I've had people say they will join and then don't. Same thing with buying.

I'm getting really, really discouraged. My sponsor says 'just keep trying" and while giving up is not like me at all, this is starting to become a chore and just keep trying isn't cutting it as advice.

Any tips, or inspiration? If this doesn't work out, I'm going to have to find something else... or go back to work and I really don't want to leave my 6 month old. I don't know anyone in this town that I trust to leave her with. :(

NYoung
06-30-2014, 04:10 AM
Hey girl!

If what you're doing isn't working - try something new! If you have been focusing your efforts online, hop off the computer! Leave your business cards everywhere, hand out flyers, etc etc etc. Find what works for you! Is your sponsor good at online parties? Ask if she can co-host one with you to show ya how it's done!

You can do this!

mlark
06-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Follow Melissa Earnest on facebook. She is a Younique presenter. She posts everyday all day about her family and things going on in her life. Along with her posts about family, she does posts about Younique; specials, the flagship product, pics of the 3D lashes and how they look.
The main thing is to get people to "like" you as a person. You can sell ice to Eskimos if people like you!
How many friends do you have on facebook for example? If you have less than 1000, then you need more and I mean US friends. How do you get more? You start by checking with your current friend's profiles and see who their friends are. Then you send a message to them one at a time like "Hi, I see that we are both friends of "Mary", can I send you a friend request?" This will keep you out of fb jail. Keep adding friends of friends, then the friends of your new friends in the same way.
Be a "real person" in your posts, be funny, be smiley, be witty, be yourself. It won't happen overnight, but you have to have an audience to talk to. Good luck. I hope this helps!

SaBo
07-30-2014, 07:23 AM
I wish I could "like" a comment here b/c MLark was spot on! That is what I have been doing & I'm getting new recruits & making sales. I don't even host many parties anymore, just sell on my fan page & post pix on my personal wall & people place orders. I make a lot of sales with my on hand mascara as well.
Amber Voight is another great person to follow & if you look her up on YouTube, she has a great FB training that will really help you to grow your FB audience.
Younique IS the real deal & you can make money, just keep working at it (sorry, but it's true) and you will start to see your efforts pay off. I've been in for 4 months & it has taken me that long to get my downline growing. It is a business & won't happen over night. It's a journey, not a race. :) You can friend me on FB if you'd like to follow me & see what I'm doing if that will help! You can find me at Sarah Meyer Boyer.
Any way I can help you, I'll do it! I actually follow a certain formula daily that has helped my business start to take off!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1