WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Share Top Five and Summer tips!

accents4you2
06-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Ladies ,

So besides your product line, what are the top 5 things you love about your company and the top 5 things you love about selling jewelry and accessories?

What's your best Summer tip?

LorettaA
06-22-2014, 07:43 AM
Color by Amber Company -

1. Eco-friendly - The jewelry is made with recycled products. The company is "Zero Landfill," they send nothing to the landfill. They also contribute a portion of sales to 1% for the Planet.

2. Unique Jewelry - I love that the jewelry is so different from anything I have seen. You can't run to a department store and get this style of jewelry. The pieces are fun, great quality and SO comfortable to wear.

3. Business Model - Great compensation plan, great hostess plan, hostesses can use hostess credits to start their Color by Amber business.

4. Tech Savvy - A great website and back office. They embrace social media and modern venues of selling and promoting.

5. Customer Service - The company is really generous with tools for success. They are very responsive, considerate, and innovative.

Selling -

1. Jewelry boosts confidence and makes people feel good about themselves.

2. I really enjoy different styles of jewelry so the business feeds my habit of always wanting new pieces.

3. I enjoy the team atmosphere where we share a common interest in something we enjoy.

4. It's FUN so it doesn't feel like work.

5. Meeting new people and making new friends.

Summer Tip - You can wear pieces of jewelry even if you're dressing very casual. It really adds style to an outfit. One thing I like about CbA is the color. They have colored pieces for just about every outfit. If I wear jeans and a pretty top I add some denim skinnies to match the outfit. I have dark hair so I wear the light colored earrings so they stand out. Try moving away from plain silver and golds.

Stylista
06-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Ladies ,

So besides your product line, what are the top 5 things you love about your company and the top 5 things you love about selling jewelry and accessories?

I'm a Stella and Dot Stylist. So hard to narrow this down to top 5!

1. I love that the product line is so diverse - . (And half our line is under $50) We have gold plated jewelry, sterling silver, statement pieces, classic pieces, and now our new engrave-able line....we have quality handbags, wallets and tech accessories, scarves...Makes it easier to book trunk shows.

2. One of the best compensation plans in the industry....just made even better. Chance for advancement and income potential is hugely important to me. S&D gives us the opportunity to earn free business supply and product credits, so we keep more of our profits.

3. The ease of doing business....No inventory, no delivery for myself or the hostess...each person's order is shipped directly to the customer. And profit is paid weekly on our S&D blue card. I see my earnings and I see them fast!

4. Top notch web resources....personalized website...filled with videos....our Dottie app...

5. Seeing Stella and Dot being worn by celebrities...turning on the news or TV and and recognizing our brand...our media exposure is phenomenal.

Why I love jewelry and accessories....

1. Jewelry & accessories can be transformational...take an outfit from nice to wow!

2. People are passionate about their accessories!

3. People love to buy new jewelry or handbags for different occassions...gifts...or just because they want to treat themselves. It makes folks happy!!!

4. Portability....my business can be carried in a bag...and set up quickly in a small space...like a a restaurant or coffee shop.

5. Wear it, and it opens conversations....and sales....

My summer tip....enjoy the bold prints that are so on trend right now. Or brighten your neutral outfit with pops of color in your jewelry...neons and corals, greens and blues...be bold!

accents4you2
06-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Ditto, Ditto on a lot of what you ladies shared..Thanks for sharing!

There are so many pluses aren't there? I just love it!

My top 5 for TOH is:

1. The unique and gorgeous hand made jewelry and goods made by artisans all over the world, including the US. (Did I ask besides the jewelry..lol..hard to do)

2. The mission of empowering women and their families out of poverty or at-risk situations (For me, no better feeling)

3. I love all the print and on-line graphics/photos..very sophisticated and fashion forward

4. The systems they have in place- like the e-wallet, where we can draw pay when we want to, the ticker that updates and shows the top sellers, etc..

5. I like how on-line parties are handled: customers items go out the next day and they don't have to wait for the party to close. Shipping is only $4.95,even for direct ship, for one items or 20. etc. etc. And the hostess never has to deliver!

My top 5 for this industry:

1. Jewelry and accessories, as shallow as it sounds, can really make a person feel better about themselves and those around you treat you better too!

2. Jewelry and accessories are attractive and beautiful to look at and they're great conversation starters.

3. Yes, Amen to portable and easy to store (both for personal use and business)

4. Adding a few pieces of jewelry or a scarf can make it seem like you got a whole new outfit!

5. Jewelry sales are huge and there are no signs of it slowing down..

Summer tip: Wear you jewelry and accessories at all times, pair it with outfits that really make a statement, be prepared with cards, etc. Carry around a "Show on the Go" to have a party anywhere! Oh and also put catalogs in the back seats of airplanes when you travel.

mariglynn
06-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Color by Amber Company -

1. Eco-friendly - The jewelry is made with recycled products. The company is "Zero Landfill," they send nothing to the landfill. They also contribute a portion of sales to 1% for the Planet.

2. Unique Jewelry - I love that the jewelry is so different from anything I have seen. You can't run to a department store and get this style of jewelry. The pieces are fun, great quality and SO comfortable to wear.

3. Business Model - Great compensation plan, great hostess plan, hostesses can use hostess credits to start their Color by Amber business.

4. Tech Savvy - A great website and back office. They embrace social media and modern venues of selling and promoting.

5. Customer Service - The company is really generous with tools for success. They are very responsive, considerate, and innovative.

I couldn't have said it any better Loretta!

My top 5 for selling:

1. Jewelry is a conversation starter no matter where you wear it.

2. When you wear the jewelry you sell, you're a walking billboard for your company.

3. So portable - a jewelry party can Pop-Up anywhere!

4. Meeting new people and making new friends.

5. A fun job!

Summer tip - mix and match! Our Color by Amber jewelry goes with all the traditional gold and silver jewelry and gives it a trendy touch. I

liz.jewels
06-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Ladies ,

Top 5 things love about Silpada:

1. The company stands behind their product with a 60-day satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty against defects. And the NEVER make customers pay for return shipping or pay a restocking fee on their sterling silver jewelry.

2. The reps are not cutthroat or catty - it is truly a sisterhood!

3. It's a family owned business (again), and I love seeing the dedication and inspiration our founders and their daughters bring to the company.

4. The hostess plan really focuses on FREE jewelry, not discounts. I love that women can host who have very little money to spend, and all they have to pay to redeem their 30% free jewelry reward is sales tax!

5. For just $149, the sign up kit is spectacular, especially when you remember that we have NO QUOTAS! Love that.

Top 5 things I love about the industry:

1. You are a walking advertisement for your product - women are used to complimenting other women on their accessories!

2. Jewelry makes a fantastic gift, so there is a lot of opportunity to sell to men or women buying for other women.

3. No demonstration needed - women know how jewelry works and don't need one!

4. Gives me the opportunity to help women feel great about themselves as I help them pull together a great look with their accessories.

5. Jewelry is one of the things women will still buy for themseleves even in a recession.

Fun questions!

sunshine316
06-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Top 5 things I love about South Hill Designs

-Growing with them! When I joined in 2012 we were not even "officially" launched. Being a part of a growing company and watching it blossom has been a huge blessing for me.

-The support! I've made real friends along the way. Those whom have supported me, mentored me, cheered me on, and those who have chosen my team to join and start their own success story!

-Comp plan! I love that it does not "punish" you for not getting a "quota". You get a "Free" month of vacation and get paid during that time on your team! The earnings on your downlines never end.

-I can pick up the phone to home office and get someone right away. No problems! I make a call, they know who I'am and are kind, caring, concerned and quick to address anything I may need. No computer system, no hassle!

-The owners and their families. Down to earth, hard working,funny, kind and caring. Meeting them was a true honor and they founded SHD with no out side investors, this was all them- no one else. We grow at a good pace, on a foundation you can feel good about
________________________________________-
Top 5 things I LOVE about "selling" jewelry!

-I love playing with the products! Creating new looks, sorting through everything. I LOVE everything about what I do!

-Hearing others Stories as they put together their lockets. What an honor to be able to hear so many personal, moving stories

-All i need to do is wear my jewelry and I get asked about it!

-Meeting new people!

-Everyone loves jewelry in some form or another or knows someone who does!

accents4you2
07-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Thanks for sharing ladies...Great info!

I have to add about TOH..We have a great Wednesday only special too! They are items offered that aren't in the catalog because they're usually from a small group of artisans with limited supplies. It's fun to see what will be offered from week to week.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1