WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Lia Sophia issues?

liz.jewels
06-13-2014, 11:01 AM
I just heard that Lia Sophia cancelled their national conference scheduled for later this month because they wanted to make sure they used the assets they have in a way that was most effective for their designers.

I can't imagine how frustrated I would feel if I were one of the 6000 reps planning my trip to Indianapolis for national conference if my company did this to me.

Just wondering what is going on - it's an old and successful company, and if they are struggling, it's certainly worrisome. :(

Anyone else hear this or have more insight?

wahmse
06-13-2014, 11:47 AM
I heard that today. Hope all goes well for them.

Diane

funmomma
06-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I saw yesterday (a local party plan supply company had posted about it - as they were scheduled to attend as a vendor) saying that Lis Sophia had canceled their conference but that many of the leaders were still planning to head to Indi to do team trainings for those who had already planned to go. That's all I know.
Hopefully this is a temporary blip for them.

Amanda

cabimom
06-13-2014, 07:07 PM
OMG, how do you cancel a company conference? Wow, what about all of the consultants and leaders who have worked so hard this past year to win awards and move up in the business. This news is sad and very disturbing. lia sophia has been around a long time and I was once a part of their company. I still love their jewelry. I hope this is not what it appears to be.My heart goes out to those who worked so hard this year and are not going to receive their well deserved recognition. Terrible.

Crissy
06-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Don't worry girls. All is well in lia Sophia land :) It did catch me off guard at first as I have been to the last 6 conferences that were amazing!!! But they are restructuring internally and decided that the $ spent on conference would be better spent in other ways.

So one of our amazing Zone managers who used to put on trainings before there was a national conference is doing a mini training conference for everyone who wants to attend.

Our brand new patented interchangeable collection InfinitMe will be released on time in our Fall/Winter style guide. They are sending us $176 collection as well as reimbursing us for conference. We will receive our style guides in about 2 weeks. They are also making sure to send the new bling to zone managers so they can hold their own débuts and trainings.

funmomma
06-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Good to hear Crissy! :)

utopiandream78
06-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Even without Crissy's post, I wouldn't have thought it to be a terrible thing to cancel conference.

It seems smart, to allocate assets that better serve a company. I have not been in direct sales a very long time, but I've seen enough companies close that I have quite literally nightmares about it happening to mine.

Canceling the conference would actually give me some piece of mind

mariglynn
06-24-2014, 08:53 AM
There are other companies are doing regional meetings rather than national conferences to rein in costs. Seems like a smart move on Lia Sophia's part.

liz.jewels
06-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Thank for the update, Crissy! I'm glad it's related to restructuring and nothing more worrysome. The new collection sounds fun and I'm sure your customers will enjoy having the variety!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1