WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Web Hosting

Barbarapaulson
05-28-2014, 06:07 PM
I need suggestions...I'm looking for a web hosting service for my psychic site. Must be easy to use & affordable. I currently have webs, I'm not happy with them.

DJ716
05-29-2014, 10:00 PM
A Small Orange (asmallorange.com) and iPage are two very affordable, reliable hosting services that have high customer experience ratings. iPage is running a special right now I believe. I have used both and recommend them highly.

bhavna
05-30-2014, 03:15 AM
First of all you have to understand your hosting requirements and then look into the search engine for the best vps hosting or cloud hosting provider companies you would like to work with.

ellisthomas86
05-30-2014, 04:10 AM
Go with either dreamhost or bluehost. Other than these two others are not recommended to go with.

Yuliya Mironova
06-01-2014, 10:17 AM
I advise you to stay away from hosting companies which have been bought out by EIG (Endurance International Group). Their up-time, reliability, security, customer service and help response-times all seem to deteriorate, and the overall quality of most aspects of the service goes down, and down, and down.

Here's a list of now-EIG-owned hosts where I certainly wouldn't consider buying hosting, myself (sadly, many of them are companies which have had particularly good reputations for customer service, until some time during the last year or two). This list doesn't even include all of them!

Again, just to be clear, countless independent review sites are now saying these are hosts to avoid, in 2014:-

2slick.com, AccountSupport, A Small Orange, ApolloHosting,Berry Information Systems L.L.C., BizLand, BlueDomino, Bluehost, Dollar2Host, Domain.com, DomainHost, Dot5Hosting, Dotster, easyCGI, eHost, EntryHost, FastDomain, FatCow, FreeYellow, [email protected], Homestead, HostCentric, HostClear, HostGator, Hostnine, HostMonster, hostwithmenow.com, HostYourSite.com, HyperMart, IMOutdoors, Intuit Websites, iPage.com, IPOWER/iPowerWeb, JustHost, MyDomain, MyResellerHome, NetFirms, Networks Web Hosting, Nexx, PowWeb, PureHost, ReadyHosting.com, Saba-Pro, SEO Hosting, Southeast Web, Spry, StartLogic, SuperGreen Hosting, USANetHosting, VirtualAvenue, VPSLink, WebHost4Life, Webstrike Solutions, Xeran, YourWebHosting.

Hope it helps! :eek: :)

Barbarapaulson
06-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you for all the great suggestions.

IntuitiveRobin
06-03-2014, 06:23 AM
I use Weebly which is free for a basic site. That worked well for me until I wanted to add password protection to some pages. It's super easy, drag and drop.

DougC
06-03-2014, 08:36 AM
I do not agree with the assessment of HostGator being a bad or undesirable company to host with. While they may be owned by another less reputable company, I can personally attest that HostGator is a good place to host your site. The servers are fast, very reasonably prices and great customer support/service.

Hosting your own website is not for the faint of heart, be assured. You have to have basic knowledge on how to set up email, ftp accounts etc. If you know how to do this or know someone that does, please give HostGator a shot. Many psychics on my site use HostGator and are very pleased. Due to the size of my company and need for multiple dedicated servers we do not use them.

DJ716
06-04-2014, 11:56 PM
I advise you to stay away from hosting companies which have been bought out by EIG (Endurance International Group). Their up-time, reliability, security, customer service and help response-times all seem to deteriorate, and the overall quality of most aspects of the service goes down, and down, and down.

After reading this I did some further research. Yuliya is correct! If you look at EIG in Wikipedia, there is a list of major outages that resulted in several hours of downtime. So I have to take back my suggestions of A Small Orange and iPage. I use iPage myself, but do not have anything in production at this point that would suffer from these outages.

I saw that web.com has been rated quite highly in several independent end user reviews. Apparently it is very easy to work with for those who do not have much site-building experience and relatively low cost.

sorry for my initial misguidance :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1