WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What is affiliate marketing

Fitnessfreak158
05-24-2014, 08:50 AM
I've been in network makreting before. But looking for something new saw this forum and wondering if anyone can explain what is affiliate makreting and how does it work? And how do people succeed in this field?

Yuliya Mironova
05-24-2014, 12:52 PM
I know that Wikipedia's very variable, and often not a reliable source at all, but having read quite a lot of "quick explanations and introductions" to affiliate marketing, if it helps, I can tell you that this one is actually an accurate, clear, concise explanation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_marketing). :)

LoveTheKiddos
05-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Affiliate marketing is when you earn commissions by promoting products online. It's a form of performance-based marketing. This is not to be confused with MLM.

For example, a blogger writes a post about a book they read- they link to Amazon and they get a small referral fee. Somebody has a site about cats, they join a cat food affiliate program, and if someone buys from their link- the site owner receives a commission.

ABestWeb.com is a good beginner affiliate marketing forum. Good luck.

doterrawellnessadvocate
05-26-2014, 08:56 PM
The lines between affiliate marketing, network marketing and MLM can get pretty fuzzy when you get paid to promote a product(paid when someone purchases online) and they offer bonuses and commissions on people you sign up. Then it gets even more confusing when you get paid when other people sign up under the team that you built.

colly5
05-27-2014, 06:38 AM
With affiliate marketing, you are paid commissions for promoting other people's products/services. Unlike a home business, you do not have to pay to run your own affiliate marketing business though.

livegreen4
06-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the info regarding a great affiliate marketing forum!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1