WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

jfedei
04-23-2014, 06:24 AM
I recently left Origami Owl.. was not happy with the way they treated their reps. :eek: Al that stated, I've always been passionate about jewelry and would love to sell for a reputable company. Right now I'm not working and would be able to put in full time hours to build a business. What I'm looking for specifically is:

1. A reasonable start up cost - say around $150.00 give or take
2. Commissions of 40 - 50%. (May be flexible depending on other perks)
3. What support do they offer their reps? More so how do they treat their reps?
4. The ability to build a large downline (I realize this is subjective and depends on the level of work you put into it, but if it only goes 2 or 3 levels deep, then it's probably not for me).
6. Representative website around $10.00 per month, or free
7. Product costs reasonable. I don't want to over charge my customers ridiculous prices.
8. The ability to build a blog about the business. Companies such as Silpada (which I love), don't allow their reps to have websites where they mention the name Silpada. Too many restrictions make it difficult to market your product.
9. The ability to build an online business. I'm very savvy when it comes to Social Networking and Marketing, so this would be a huge plus for me.
10. Well established training programs for reps

Please PM me your company info.

Best,
Jenny

cabimom
04-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi Jenny, have you looked at Touchstone Crystal? I am not a rep at this time , but if I was going to sell jewelry that is who I would go with. Excellent company , run very efficiently,.

Gorgeous jewelry by Swarovski, great training , beautiful websites about $10 a month. You can start up for $139 and they have amazing incentives. You can have a FB page etc.
Also a very generous comp plan. And there isn't a rep on every corner. :)

I could put you in touch with a wonderful leader if you want to check it out

Just let me know

Alicia8870
04-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Color by Amber is awesome. Things are reasonably priced, made in the USA, and sourced from women in third world countries to help there families. I am seriously considering joining. Its 75 dollars this week to get 250 worth of stuff, and a 25.oo credit for more jewelry. Commision starts at 30 percent, but the first 1000 consultants start at 32%. It is also eco friendly, fun and different. at least give them a look at.

jfedei
04-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Never heard of them! But interested! :)

accents4you2
04-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Hello, I'm not with either of these, but would recommend you check into Initial Outfitters and ViBella. They offer beautiful jewelry and I believe they meet a lot of your criteria. If you have any questions, I could put you in touch with reps I know. With both of these companies...I really like the variety of their on-trend and fashion forward jewelry and their company ethics. IO has some fabulous women who really work together as a team...and who rave about how good the company is to them.

All the best in your search..

P.S. Something to keep in mind is that companies that over 40% or more don't usually provide hostess benefits of free or 1/2 price items. The companies with lower commissions do.

jfedei
04-23-2014, 12:42 PM
I would be interested in hearing about all these companies.. if you could private message me the details or who I need to contact and/or the website links, I will follow up and check out each company.

Thank you

cabimom
04-23-2014, 01:49 PM
I pm'd you! :)

mariglynn
04-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Color by Amber is awesome. Things are reasonably priced, made in the USA, and sourced from women in third world countries to help there families. I am seriously considering joining. Its 75 dollars this week to get 250 worth of stuff, and a 25.oo credit for more jewelry. Commision starts at 30 percent, but the first 1000 consultants start at 32%. It is also eco friendly, fun and different. at least give them a look at.

I just joined Color by Amber. Wasn't going to go with another jewelry company but this is so different from anything out there! Plus with the $75 Starter Kit it was a no brainer. If you're going to join, contact your Color By Amber Stylist to get the discount code to join for $75. PLUS there are less than 7 spots left to receive the $25 credit.

LorettaA
04-23-2014, 03:49 PM
I recommend Color by Amber as well. They are a newer company (under 300 stylist but quickly growing with the special offer on the kit this week) but they have a great back office full of training video's and documents.

In addition they have tools you can share like they did a March Madness type "dress for success" brackets (how to pair accessories with clothing styles), Spring cleaning out your closet tips, a body type guide (how to accessorize according to body type/shape). These are things you can share at a party or online to do more than just sell jewelry but to also educate.

They also encourage online market and have webinar's/video's to help people learn how to do it.

They have success guides and more. All this coupled with the jewelry and mission make this company excellent in my opinion.

cabimom
04-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to add a little something about Touchstone Crystal. The commission starts at 25% but you can earn more when you sell a certain amount each month and when you start team building, earn up to 40%. And they have fabulous hostess rewards to earn both free and 1/2 priced items and customer benefits paid by the company, not by the consultant.

I do know that this month they have DOUBLE hostess benefits and the hostess only pays $19 when you host a $600+ show. It is 50% percent of your sales for only $19. That is a huge incentive to host a show! If you had a $1,000 show you would get $500 in jewelry for $19. That's crazy! But it works! Just an FYI.

I have a correction, for a $1,000 show you normally receive 30% of your sales in free jewelry. So, with double hostess rewards in April the hostess would receive $600 in jewels for only$19!! Crazy times two!

utopiandream78
04-25-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm sending you info about Paparazzi. They fit all your credentials :)

liz.jewels
04-29-2014, 02:42 PM
You might want to double-check Silpada's rules about web postings and blogging. They loosened the restrictions just over a year ago, and many more things are allowed now than were allowed previously.

Best wishes for finding the best fit for you!

DENISEF
05-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Hi!

I recently started selling for them and they are great! They give you 30% commission and the good thing is that you get your own website and online store and you don't even have to purchase the items before you sell them! Let me know what ya think! Good luck!

Denise

KNicholls
05-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Jenny, I'd love to chat with you! I've added my responses to your questions as it relates to South Hill Designs. If you loved the concept of OO, it could be a great fit for you and I have team members who have come from there as well. I will also PM you as we have a great special for new artists for May!

I recently left Origami Owl.. was not happy with the way they treated their reps. :eek: Al that stated, I've always been passionate about jewelry and would love to sell for a reputable company. Right now I'm not working and would be able to put in full time hours to build a business. What I'm looking for specifically is:

1. A reasonable start up cost - say around $150.00 give or take
Our large kit is $199. This month it comes with a bonus of 13 screens and coins, a value of $141 in additional product!
2. Commissions of 40 - 50%. (May be flexible depending on other perks)
Our commissions range 20-40%, on all products. This is based on both your individual sales as well as your team volumes.
3. What support do they offer their reps? More so how do they treat their reps?
Awesome! In addition to our team, where I do monthly trainings, our upline also offers great monthly training. The company also provides weekly webinars and has provided us with a year-long training program from DSWA. We're very well taken care of by the company.
4. The ability to build a large downline (I realize this is subjective and depends on the level of work you put into it, but if it only goes 2 or 3 levels deep, then it's probably not for me).
Our compensation plan actually is built such that as you progress, you can earn on all of your downline. There is no limit!
6. Representative website around $10.00 per month, or free
After your first month, the website/back office is $9.95/month
7. Product costs reasonable. I don't want to over charge my customers ridiculous prices.
Our products are very reasonably priced.
8. The ability to build a blog about the business. Companies such as Silpada (which I love), don't allow their reps to have websites where they mention the name Silpada. Too many restrictions make it difficult to market your product.
Absolutely! I have a website and a blog and believe blogs are a necessity today to really help build a business!
9. The ability to build an online business. I'm very savvy when it comes to Social Networking and Marketing, so this would be a huge plus for me.
Yes you can do this! I use social media and online marketing a lot with my business, couldn't imagine not using this!
10. Well established training programs for reps
Absolutely!
Please PM me your company info.

Best,
Jenny

Angie- Jewelry Lady
05-23-2014, 08:31 AM
For those looking for a jewelry company to work with, I would recommend Premier Designs Jewelry. I make 50% of my sales (and then commissions on my downline)!!! The company has monthly specials and I can have my own specials. The hostess plan is AWESOME!!! They get 30% of sales in FREE jewelry and 4-8 items at half price and can earn 2 %50 bonuses (for June this is doubled) with a qualified show!! (a qualified show is just $100!!!) We do have a website that is view only which is good and bad. But it is new (just in Oct) so they may make online ordering available at some point. PM me for more details and good luck in your search!!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1