WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

neowebserve
04-10-2014, 12:36 PM
If you've been doing affiliate marketing for a while now, what has been a major challenge for you?

Is it getting traffic?

Is it getting the traffic to convert into sales?

Is it knowing the right product to market?

Is it targeting the right audience for your offers?

The list can go on and on....

Just share your thoughts

msuggitt
04-12-2014, 03:03 PM
To me, coming from an old school off-line Marketing career, affiliate marketing reminds me of an old song "you've taken me from crayons to perfume"

So the biggest challenge I've faced over the years is keeping up with trends and new technology affiliate marketing really has taken me from email marketing (crayons) to smart phones (perfume) :)

So challenges can be fun if you picked Affiliate Marketing because you love Marketing. :D

dyannay
04-17-2014, 08:59 AM
My problem is not getting enough targeted traffic to my offers.

ginseng mom
04-21-2014, 06:23 AM
I do affiliate marketing on a part-time basis, so time management is always an issue. I've finally found a schedule and system that works for me . This includes incorporating some of this time to learn what's current/what's not in the industry. So, for me it's definitely time management.

dyannay
05-01-2014, 06:57 AM
I do affiliate marketing on a part-time basis, so time management is always an issue. I've finally found a schedule and system that works for me . This includes incorporating some of this time to learn what's current/what's not in the industry. So, for me it's definitely time management.

Where did you find the schedule and system you are using? That would likely benefit me also. :)

btc123
05-01-2014, 10:20 AM
getting traffic was the hardest to conquer but now i have a system I just follow the steps and be consistent ! and the money follows

BrotherRoy
05-08-2014, 06:19 AM
For me it's been trying to reproduce the minor success I've had on one site as well as time management. I was really motivated and learned all I could last year and then Google switched on me. So I have to take the time to relearn some things so I can reproduce the results I got. I know my goal, but it's been hard to reach.

The other thing is finding niches I want to spend time writing about. Considering there are a lot of affiliate marketers out there, I find it difficult to come up with something unique and interesting to keep me going.

Lastly it's producing content. I have my hands in a lot of things from freelance, to working a day job, to being a parent to trying to establish a chain of online marketing websites in the hopes that I can either dial back on my day job activities by accepting a job with lesser pay closer to home or work for myself all together, but it's time consuming. I've recently had to drop doing freelance for a while so I can finish producing some other products in hopes they will pay off later. Right now finishing up my last freelance project so I can start working on building up two self starting comic book companies in the future and spend more time in my affiliate marketing endeavors.

So I guess in short I agree ginseng mom. My issue has been dividing up time. Just doesn't seem to be there. I've thought about hiring affordable writers, but then there's some other issues going on with financing which is the driving factor for me to do this.

ginseng mom
05-09-2014, 10:01 PM
I made up my own schedule. The first thing I did was determine how much time a week I thought I could actually devote to 'working the business'. So I figured, 6 hours a week, one hour a day with one day off.

Then I created an excel document with headings: mon. thru. sat. Underneath I put the tasks and the designated time. I break up the hour into 2 [15 minutes] in the morning and 1 [30 minutes] in the evening. I wanted small increments of time so it would not seem unattainable and help me to stay focused on the task. I also have another page on my excel document which has both yearly/monthly goals. My weekly excel sheet then changes as I accomplish a task, delete it and add new ones.

It works for me and I've accomplished so much just by incorporating this into my business.

Create With Nate
05-11-2014, 01:39 PM
My greatest challenge is not traffic; that's the easy part. My greatest challenge is getting traffic that actually converts. All traffic is not good traffic. If you have a brick and mortar business located near the highway you may get a lot of traffic passing by your store but is that the kind you want?

dyannay
05-13-2014, 05:47 AM
I made up my own schedule. The first thing I did was determine how much time a week I thought I could actually devote to 'working the business'. So I figured, 6 hours a week, one hour a day with one day off.

Then I created an excel document with headings: mon. thru. sat. Underneath I put the tasks and the designated time. I break up the hour into 2 [15 minutes] in the morning and 1 [30 minutes] in the evening. I wanted small increments of time so it would not seem unattainable and help me to stay focused on the task. I also have another page on my excel document which has both yearly/monthly goals. My weekly excel sheet then changes as I accomplish a task, delete it and add new ones.

It works for me and I've accomplished so much just by incorporating this into my business.

Great! Thanks for sharing your schedule. I will do something similar, perhaps using Google calendar and tasks.

Bosco
05-14-2014, 04:05 AM
I tried affiliate marketing, even had a highly trafficked website with banner adds and links on it.
Never made a penny off of any of the traffic.

Unless you have a highly visited blog, I really don't see how you can make any money off of it.

rigato
05-15-2014, 05:26 AM
You think one can have a great earning with that?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1