WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Seeking advise pleese

Stressing
03-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here and could really use some advise. I'm a stay at hm mom, I hm school my kids, but I have been trying to find an online job. My problem is, I don't have any experience in much of anything. I can't do phn rep due to my kids, so that's out. I have no degree in anything. I've only wrkd in retail, but that was over 10 yrs ago. I'm not sure where to look for a job,or what kind even, that will hire someone with little or no prior experience. I've went through all the posts on here, looked in the forums too. I feel lost, stuck, and almost helpless at this point. I've been looking for over a yr now with no luck. If anyone could give me tips on where to look I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!:confused:

danasurvey
03-26-2014, 07:34 PM
I guess you can really break things down into two huge areas:

-Work at home jobs: An actual job where you work at home as an employee or an independent contractor for a company. Many positions are customer service related.

-Work at home income opportunities: Many of us have multiple ways that we make money from home. While not considered a job, they are ways to bring money in.

As for job experience, do you have any past job experience? Any experience working with people? If so, that would be a big plus when applying for customer service related positions.

You should also check out the Telecommuting section of the forum.

Hope this helps. :)

mountainmom5
03-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Dear Stressing,
First of all, a big high-five on homeschooling and being there for your kids!

I well remember the headaches of searching these forums for something that I could do from home with my kids.

From my experience, the only way you will ever make money with affiliate marketing, etc, is if you get some training... and even then it can take quite awhile to see some money coming in.

Your best option, in my humble opinion.... is to join one of the many home businesses that many of us moms do. They work. All we do is share our products with others and we get paid.

Yes, there is usually a start-up cost as in ANY business... but for now, that is not your problem. Even if you don't have any pennies in your cupboards, the signup fee is still not your issue. :)

Your problem right now is FINDING the right fit for you.

From my experience, once you open yourself to the right options, things will start to come together and the cobwebs will clear. The universe/God has a way of bringing the right things to us at the right time.

I hope that helps at least a little bit!

Hugs and best wishes in your search!

Stressing
03-27-2014, 06:54 AM
Thank you. I didn't realize I posted under affiliate marketing until after I posted it. I do have experience in customer service, though it's been many years. I was assistant manager at one point in my one job. The problem I'm running into is it seems like most everything I look at wants at least 2 yrs of experience and I don't have that. Sort of stuck :( Thank you for your replies :)

LuvWAHLife
03-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Stressing, have you looked at the writing forum here, by chance? It may not be exactly what you have in mind, but since phone rep jobs would probably not work out for you because you are home-schooling your kids, it could be a good place to start.

You don't need a degree or even professional writing experience to sign on at a site like Textbroker. If you look through the writing folder here, you could see some options that may work for you. Online content writing is somewhat more competitive than it used to be, so writers are less likely to offer up the content sites that are their biggest moneymakers. However, if you search the site here, you will find some leads that could be a good fit. You can sign up at Textbroker and be working within a few days, I believe - if not sooner.

Also, transcription might be an option for you. If you do a search on this site for that you will find info. With your customer service experience, becoming a chat moderator might work for you (do a search and you'll find info on that here, too). If you do a search on this site for search engine evaluation/evaluators, you may find something that interests you in that area.

And who knows - maybe fate led you to post this in the Affiliate Marketing section of the forum. Perhaps if you look through this folder, you'll find a future career in affiliate marketing that you love. :D

I know how it is when things seem bleak, but try not to give up hope. You can carve out a niche for yourself if stick with it!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1