WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

jara11566
03-21-2014, 03:24 PM
I have been toying with the idea of getting into affiliate marketing for quite some time. I just can't seem to find a source that outlines step by step what needs to be done to get started and how to make money. Is there anyone out there that can tell me what a good resource is for step by step instruction? I could really use the help.

mountainmom5
03-21-2014, 04:58 PM
I don't do affiliate marketing anymore but there is a great guide that I recommend for beginners that a friend of mine put together. I'll send it to you in a message as i don't think I can put a link on here.

greatar4
03-27-2014, 11:02 AM
What I would like to say is that being successful in Affiliate marketing is not that easy. It takes time and a lot of works as far as having a site to drive decent amount of traffic to the product that you are promoting is concerned. I'd suggest you to start learning all the basics such as SEO, so that you may have true understanding of how it works and how it can be done before you proceed with starting off in that type of online business.

mountainmom5
03-27-2014, 02:17 PM
What I would like to say is that being successful in Affiliate marketing is not that easy. It takes time and a lot of works as far as having a site to drive decent amount of traffic to the product that you are promoting is concerned. I'd suggest you to start learning all the basics such as SEO, so that you may have true understanding of how it works and how it can be done before you proceed with starting off in that type of online business.

I agree wholeheartily! I spent a good year or more learning about SEO and I even paid over $300 for training to do that, before ever earning any money with it. And even then it starts out slow. All those programs that you see advertised on the internet about making hundreds your first week are a bunch of hocus-pocus.

Not saying it's not possible to make that much, but highly unlikely...unless you have worked with blogs, keyword research, SEO, wordpress, hosting and all that before. :)

WriteWriteWrite
03-27-2014, 02:55 PM
You can test the waters by doing the bootcamp and using the free membership at Wealthy Affiliate. It will give you a chance to see if you like the whole thing.

You build a website during the training, so you get to see how it's done. The people are friendly and I've always had my questions answered fast. It's better than shelling out money and discovering you don't like affiliate marketing.

colly5
03-29-2014, 08:54 AM
Affiliate marketing is definitely a slow build but worth it in the end. It takes time to really get your 'presence' out there on the Internet. I agree that Wealthy Affiliate is definitely a great place to be when it comes to affiliate marketing. They have incredible resources and training. :-)

neowebserve
04-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah I second to the post that mentioned "Wealthy Affiliate". It is a great place to start and you can also add this to your list; google "Warrior Forum". There you will find free ebooks and tutorials on affiliate marketing. You can even ask, and you will find a handful of people willing to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps

jerrylewis
04-12-2014, 08:52 AM
I agree with you, this is not easy job as advertising. You need patience and luckily. About resource, you can read long article about amazon aff by Problogger.
The Ultimate Guide to Making Money with the Amazon Affiliate Program : @ProBlogger (http://www.problogger.net/archives/2013/04/24/the-ultimate-guide-to-making-money-with-the-amazon-affiliate-program/)

Good luck,

msuggitt
04-12-2014, 02:44 PM
It's really really easy to get distracted when starting out in affiliate marketing that is why I suggest looking through a few recommended training programs then pick the one that 'resonates' with you the most and stay with that training ALL the way through - don't jump around - just follow the steps in the training that you picked.

Duplication really is the name of the game so really - pick one training and TAKE ACTION follow the steps over and over and over.

Here's a few that I recommend:
If you are interested in building and maintaining a site or blog > Ken Envoy's Affiliate Masters Course (http://aff-masters.sitesell.com/AffMasters.pdf) PDF Download

If you want to pursue affiliate marketing without a blog or website, I'd recommend either the training from CashCrate or Clickbank

ginseng mom
04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
The above responses were 'on target' in regards to their recommendations. If you practice good time management you won't be overwhelmed with all the things you don't know. Commit to [x] number of hours a day for your education and stick to it. Too much information from too many sources can be confusing, so start out with a few at first.

Much success.

ThinkBig22
04-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Affiliate marketing is hard and takes time and effort. It comes down to traffic. If you can drive targeted traffic to a product or offer that people want, you'll make sales.

With that being said, getting "targeted" traffic is challenging. The most common ways to get traffic are SEO, and PPC ads....either way you are paying for traffic. Either with actual money, or your time to create content and do the SEO side of things.

There are so may different options. I'd concentrate on giving value to others. Give away something for free, and use this to build an email list. Once you have an email list you can market to that list your affiliate offers, but only market and promote products that you truly believe in. Products that you've bought, used yourself, and truly found them valuable and worth the cost. You don't want to promote garbage to your list, they'll unsubscribe and you don't want that. What you want is to build trust and a long term relationship with your list.

Yuliya Mironova
04-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Is there anyone out there that can tell me what a good resource is for step by step instruction?

I know people who have followed this course and are now earning their full-time livings through affiliate marketing (and unlike some of the things mentioned above, it's not a paid membership with a monthly subscription; it's just a once-off purchase): Affiliate marketing training for beginners (http://www.affiliatemarketingschoolbook.com) (that's not an affiliate-link, obviously!). :)

Success at Home
04-23-2014, 10:39 AM
I sort of freelance in Affiliate Marketing alongside my current business and I found some great training videos on YouTube:)!

btc123
05-01-2014, 09:09 AM
yeah affiliate marketing or any marketing online is not easy it requires dedication,persistence
and a good traffic source

saipranad
05-13-2014, 12:50 PM
I have been toying with the idea of getting into affiliate marketing for quite some time. I just can't seem to find a source that outlines step by step what needs to be done to get started and how to make money. Is there anyone out there that can tell me what a good resource is for step by step instruction? I could really use the help.

Hi,

Subscribe "Affiliate Marketing Show" in Youtube. You can find many videos related to affiliate marketing.

Else type this in Google search and check the videos - site:youtube.com "affiliate marketing beginners"

Thanks!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1