WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What's A Good eBay Return Policy?

debatemom
03-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Trying to get my sea legs w/ eBay and am wondering what you eBay experts suggest as good guidlines for creating a return policy?

Thanks!:)

Sue McBay
03-15-2014, 01:58 PM
If you write to me I'll show you what I use!
Sue

Trying to get my sea legs w/ eBay and am wondering what you eBay experts suggest as good guidlines for creating a return policy?

Thanks!:)

ybnegood
03-21-2014, 07:11 PM
The majority of my items, I don't offer returns. I compete with China sellers that pay almost nothing
to ship their items. They offer 14 day returns, but it costs an arm and a leg to ship something back to
china with tracking, so most people wont bother to return items to china.

In the cases that I do offer returns, I state must be unused and in new condition, and I have buyers
pay the return postage. I then refund original price + original shipping refund.

Brick and mortar stores don't refund the customers gas or time to bring the item back, so I don't either.
with over 3,000 transactions, I've only refunded twice.

If your return policy is going to be more liberal, you need to factor a percentage in your sale price to
cover the costs of accepting returns. I figure in 25 cents on every sale to cover my loss if the post office loses or damages my goods, so if I have to reship a lost or damaged item, I have funds set aside to
cover it.

vivianpos
04-03-2014, 01:29 PM
If the item is defective, the listing is incorrect or there's error on my part, I will cover the return shipping. If not, buyer pays for the shipping cost.

chubbyclouds
04-14-2014, 07:50 AM
If the reason for the return is buyer's remorse, the buyer will definitely shoulder the return shipping also I charge a restocking fee for some items if it was opened. If he/she asks to return it because there is something in the product that was not described correctly in the listing and they're not happy about it, then I'll take the fault and offer them full refund plus return shipping.

NOTE: make sure to send a cancel transaction request to the customers that returned your items, so that eBay can reimburse you for the final value fees.

love ya'll :)

ThinkBig22
04-28-2014, 06:04 AM
To put yourself above and beyond your competitors, and to also remove any risk the buyer may feel....You must have, at the very minimum, a no questions asked, 30 day money back guarantee. This has pretty much become standard in my opinion.

I also recommend putting a huge emphasis on your return policy. What benefit does your product have to the customer...Guarantee not just the product, but the benefit specifically.

For example, if I sell a 90 day exercise program, I'm going to guarantee the benefit, the final outcome that the customer wants. So my guarantee may look like this. (If the person the person has a desire to wear a bikini with confidence...people don't care about the product, they care about the benefit they will get from the product.)

"And there's no risk! If 90 days from now you aren't walking the beach in your bikini with confidence, or are just not happy with your results, for any reason...You can send it back and get a full refund. No questions asked, no games to play, no hoops to jump through, and no hard feelings"

I'd even go more specific if I had to time to write it all out, but I'm sure you get the jist.

Sell you refund policy. Use it as a benefit for your customers.

Hope that helps!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1