WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Rater Questions

DaMunchMan
03-06-2014, 12:23 PM
First ill start off by saying my name is Jason(sry...not a mother, but a father lol). I am fully disabled and am very limited as to what I can and cant do. I have done the phone thing and really dislike talking to random people who find my call an inconvenience. Ive stumbled across this site and found Taters which sounds much more appealing than telecommunications. I'm not looking for a get rich quick opportunity, just something to supplement income and give me something to do with my time.

Can someone give me an idea of what exactly being a Rater entails and what to look forward too? Also I'm reading a lot in the forums about exams, is there something I should/can do to prepare for that process? And lastly, of the companies out there, who is the most reputable to work for? I only know of Leapforce and Aspen.

I appreciate all help and advice from anyone and look forward to sharing my experiences through this process for others to use.

LittleBitaThis
03-07-2014, 05:07 PM
There is a limit to what people can say because the rating companies are pretty strict about their non-disclose agreements.

I can tell you that the majority of companies require you to complete your tasks at a specified rate - they tell you how long the task will take and that is all you get paid for.

If your disability would make that difficult you could look into crowdsourcing at Appen (I believe) which pays by the task, not the hour. There is no test required for that job.

Leapforce, Lionbridge, Appen, ZeroChaos and iSoftStone all offer rating type jobs.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1